Diving in Malaga, Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

young bob

New
Reaction score
Have never scuba dived. Want to do my first dive in Spain in early May. Can get a cheap flight to Malaga. Can anyone advise on diving there - especially tuition?

Many thanks

young bob

hi Bob... welcome aboard.

i've moved your question here for those with knowledge in this
area to answer

Hey Bob,

I've never been to Spain before, but I've been looking for some websites about diving that area.
And so far I found this for you: www.divinginspain.com
I will keep look for others, so you will have several options. But I think this will also be very suitable for you.
Happy diving. :D

Ramón. :wink:

Hi young bob...Hope I may be of some help. I´m approx four hours from Malaga, further up the coast near Mojacar. I passed my OW here last year. Costs can vary quite a bit. A spanish operator in Carbonares [ 26k away ] was charging 265€ for Padi OW, English dive centres normally charge between 325€ to 365€ where I live.
If you haven´t dived before, you could try a " Discover Scuba Diving " pack, around 60€ to 75€. It´s one day, a little training, and then you do one shore dive. Most places will take this off the price of the Padi Open Water course, should you decide to go the whole way. Water temp in Jan was 14c, by May it should be approx 18c.

Hope this helps.

Dive Safe.

I was in Malaga when I was in the Navy many moons ago but never dived there! Whats the weather like at this moment. Any Dive shows in Spain? Maybe we will come out next year.

Hey - Golum! Do you know any shops selling diving gear in the city of Malaga? I am travelling there next week, and I need to buy some gear - for both free- and scuba diving.

Hi joku_h ... I haven´t been to any of these, as the gear I bought this year came from Halcyon in the States, and I had to travel to Barcelona to pick it up. However, these two names are quite big in the Spanish Diving press, and both have shops in Malaga.

cascoantiguo.com

Fidias 10
Pol Sta Barbara
Tel. 952 17 07 84

subchandlers.com

Deportes la Trucha
C/ Carreteria, 100
Tel. 952 21 22 03

Hope this helps...and have a great time.

Dive Safe

Pete

I was earlier trying to find some adresses using google and yahoo, but it was a hopeless attempt. So, this information helps a lot! Thank you Pete!

joku

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom