Utila divemaster training - recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah... I would also recommend Deep Blue Divers... great diveschool, really friendly people...

Trainee,

Are you really a diver? Or do you plan to learn to dive in Utila OW thru Divemaster? Your profile does not indicate that you know how to dive. Big Troll??

Regards,

go and visit most of the shops and get a feel for the vibes as instructors/divemasters and dmt's are always changing making it a different experience for everybody. but try to edge towards 1 of the 4 who are padi registered.
deep blue
utila watersports
the college
udc
have a dive with your favourites and decide from there. my choice was watersports as most friendly,very good equipment/boats and unlimited dives

I would certainly choose Deep Blue Divers, great shop - I loved every minute of diving with them and have only ever heard good things about them. :dazzler1:

trainee:
Hi,

Anyone have a recommendation for a dive shop for divemaster training in Utila? Thanks

Trainee,

If you're really ready to do your divemater, Deep Blue Divers is the best place. Nice British family, very professional operation. Know them personally have dived with them repeatedly.

Regards,

Cudabait:
Trainee,

Are you really a diver? Or do you plan to learn to dive in Utila OW thru Divemaster? Your profile does not indicate that you know how to dive. Big Troll??

Regards,

I've got the PADI OW cert and about 3 dozen dives under my belt. (Though I've lost my divebook, so I might have to start over.) I've heard Utila is a great, and cheap, place to get trained up to DM or Instructor.

I currently leaning towards Deep Blue or the College.

What does 'big troll' mean?

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I'm sure Cudabait will respond for himself when he's back on line but I believe he was thinking either that you may be one of two things: 1) a new diver or a non-diver that just decided "diving is for me! I want to earn money doing this as soon as possible" or 2) someone pretending to be a #1 noted above that just wants to start an arguement when everyone else points out that, as a rule, divers who go from 0 to 60 dives and OW to DM in a few weeks or months are really good at carrying tanks but jack all else.

Option #2 is a "Big Troll". Option #1 is just someone that needs advice and a lot more experience. Welcome to the board.

trainee:
I've got the PADI OW cert and about 3 dozen dives under my belt. (Though I've lost my divebook, so I might have to start over.) I've heard Utila is a great, and cheap, place to get trained up to DM or Instructor.

I currently leaning towards Deep Blue or the College.

What does 'big troll' mean?

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Trainee,

I have sent you a personal message, including definition of "troll". I hope the info is helpful.

regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom