Visiting Ginnie....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCooperWFI

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading south with the family for spring break, going to hit several springs including Ginnie. My oldest son will complete his OW next Wednesday, that will make three in the family with cards.

Looking forward to adding the extra dive buddy for the summer. :dance:

TCooperWFI:
Heading south with the family for spring break, going to hit several springs including Ginnie. My oldest son will complete his OW next Wednesday, that will make three in the family with cards.

Have fun! ur going to Kings Spring? Mantees?

We are planning on hitting a few other sites as well, but really haven't nailed down which yet.

TCooperWFI:
My oldest son will complete his OW next Wednesday, that will make three in the family with cards.

How wonderful. My two sisters, my dad and I have all been certified for years. It's a great hobby for the family to share. And makes family vacations easy to plan. Mom can't stand putting her face in the water but loves the ocean so she's our 'picture taker' on the boats.

Have a nice vacation.
Paula

TCooperWFI:

Took my son to Ginnie last over Christmas and had a good time. Ginnie ballroom is always cool, but diving the Devils Ear/Eye basin was his favorite part.

A little north at Branford is Troy Spring. That was a very cool dive. Check conditions, (call one of the shops up in Luraville) to make sure the river isn't backed up into the spring. When it's clear, you can dive the run up to the river entrance and see the big fish in the river, and also the civil war wreck buried in the bottom. Just get there first thing in the morning before anyone else can stir up the bottom.

Have fun.

diver_paula:
Have a nice vacation.
Paula

Thanks Paula, he completed his first two OW dives in Devil's Eye and looks good to wrap up on Wednesday. My wife and my son both tend to get cold much more quickly than I, so I hope having two dive buddies will allow me to get more dives in during cool weather/water.

crawford:
Took my son to Ginnie last over Christmas and had a good time. Ginnie ballroom is always cool, but diving the Devils Ear/Eye basin was his favorite part.
Just get there first thing in the morning before anyone else can stir up the bottom.

Have fun.

42F air temp and 71F water temp at dive time and my wife and I were the first two in Ginnie. It allowed us a clear view with no floating debris. Once the classes hit the area, it was a pretty disturbed area and a bit crowded. The last two dives weren't as clear but the outdoor air temp was up to 65F by the time of our last dive.
We're headed back on Wednesday for my son's last OW dives and to get a few last dives in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom