Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (consolidated/closed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well kids, we are currently one month away from our FIRST ANNUAL GREAT LAKES WRECKING CREW SPRING DIVE, MEET AND GREET.

Several of us will be arriving on Friday, 16 April for a weekend of camping in cold weather and diving in cold water and general fun and staying through the weekend to sometime Sunday. All the wrecking crew is invited and urged to try to attend this event.

We will have campfires, hot soup and drinks during the diving day. and microbrewed adult beverages available for after the dive. Wrecking crew tee shirts and hats will be available for pickup at the campsite. Look for the big sign that says "Welcome Wrecking Crew!" (I need to get started on that this weekend.....) to find us, probably set up across the road from the "last" set of stairs, down near the far end of the camping area.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AT GILBOA!

:bounce:

...I am planning on bringing five gallons of 'Maple Porter' from the Black Forest Brewing Company here in Frankenmuth.... Drink enough of that and you'll want to date a pig.... :54:

My 10W HID adjustable Canister light just came in. I want to fine tune my camera better and I finally have an O2 analyzer for getting my tank fills tested while Mike's is in use (or verifying my labels on some of these tanks that have sat for six months or better).

I am picking up DiveRite fins to test and I will finally have drygloves. So I am really looking forward to this trip. Any "Hams" that want their picture taken under water should find me. I am always willing to try out the digital camera.

diverbrian:
My 10W HID adjustable Canister light just came in. I want to fine tune my camera better and I finally have an O2 analyzer for getting my tank fills tested while Mike's is in use (or verifying my labels on some of these tanks that have sat for six months or better).

I am picking up DiveRite fins to test and I will finally have drygloves. So I am really looking forward to this trip. Any "Hams" that want their picture taken under water should find me. I am always willing to try out the digital camera.
Is this suppossed to be a game of make us feel bad? Mr. Fancy diver and all of his new gear. Go ahead and rub it in how you have all of this new gear.

I am hoping to have some new fins to test at Gilboa on the 17th. I don't think that I will have my housing for the new camera by then though. The wife is just starting to recover after losing her job at Jacobsons a couple of years ago. Besides I have to buy dive gear in pairs since my dive buddy cannot finance the diving on his own yet. When can kids start working here in the state?

What type of camera rig did you get? If you were looking for advice on this board you probably went the same way I did and acquired an Olympus 5050.

Mitten Diver

....I'll be trying a new mask (big eye) and a new pair of eyes to put in them since I had my Lasik in January. Also, I just closed a deal on a 30 cf pony tank with regulator on eBay and will have it along, so I can dive the deep side! So there!

Don't worry about old Brian. He's a single man with a good job and no one to tell him where to put it. So he hands all his cash to the folks at the dive shop and hope that they will continue to like him (just kidding Brian :cheeky: ).

I'll be seeing Brian on Saturday next week, so I'll slap him around a bit for being such an equipment geek!

frankenmuth_tom:
I'll be seeing Brian on Saturday next week, so I'll slap him around a bit for being such an equipment geek!
Your participation in slapping around Brian the equipment geek will be much appreciated. It is not fair to the rest of us married folk that Brian has so much disposable income and no one to tell him where to put it.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
Is this suppossed to be a game of make us feel bad? Mr. Fancy diver and all of his new gear. Go ahead and rub it in how you have all of this new gear.

I am hoping to have some new fins to test at Gilboa on the 17th. I don't think that I will have my housing for the new camera by then though. The wife is just starting to recover after losing her job at Jacobsons a couple of years ago. Besides I have to buy dive gear in pairs since my dive buddy cannot finance the diving on his own yet. When can kids start working here in the state?

What type of camera rig did you get? If you were looking for advice on this board you probably went the same way I did and acquired an Olympus 5050.

Mitten Diver

Actually, the camera is not the Olympus. I have a Sealife DC310 set-up. The dive shop sold me the whole kit at cost. I also have other perks at the dive shop as I am occasional staff there. They don't sell Oympus cameras there and just started carrying the line that I bought. I am still trying to learn how to use it.

I am sorry to hear that your wife was working for Jacobsen's. That is in other threads, but you have mentioned a major reason why I try NOT to do my shopping at places that won't pay for enough people to give good customer service in order to make a larger profit.

My brother's income does not cover his living expenses. He lives with me. I was holding back the checkbook for about five months waiting to buy this stuff. Some things happened and I went on a minor spending spree. I am only catching up to my buddies who need trailers and trucks to haul all of their dive gear (you think that I am bad, LOL). And, I do loan out the stuff that I don't use that is especially true of tanks and computers.

What type of fins are you looking at?

Hey Brian,
You might want to keep that camera handy and follow me around, that dry suit and I go rounds on a regular basis. You can take plenty of pictures and publish a coffee table book about how NOT to dive in a dry suit :D Besides, my obnoxiously colored gear is fun to photograph (rolling eyes here!).
Ber

diverbrian:
I am only catching up to my buddies who need trailers and trucks to haul all of their dive gear (you think that I am bad, LOL). And, I do loan out the stuff that I don't use that is especially true of tanks and computers.

What type of fins are you looking at?
Diving is all about keeping up with the Jones's isn't it? I try to use that line on the wife when I need new gear, but honey so snd so has a new toy and you wouldn't want me not to have one. Then I throw in the kid factor, honey it would be best if JP had one of these because it will make his diving easier. It usually never works, but a guy has got to try.

I am hoping to receive a pir of Jet fins today, I have the spring straps already as they were purchased at the Shipwreck Festival along with 5 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I can't resist when I see those adorable little faces. I am also saving for a housing for my Olympus 5050, I was going to go the same route with the Sealife before I asked the board for some advice. What is it about divers that makes them tell fellow divers to spend more money? It must be guilt, if you can tell your signifigant other that everyone else is doing it it must be okay.

Oh well what good is money if you can't spend it? I have been laying the ground work for purchases for this year as I would like a couple of drysuits. Anyone know a good source for bargain basement suits? JP needs a suit before I do as his frame does not support internal insulation at this time.

Mitten Diver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom