Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (new)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDAnderson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here's a new thread for the Gilboa gathering that I've stuck to the top of the GLWC forum. I've gone throught the other Gilboa G&M threads and combined them, then closed the thread so that it's available as a reference but we can have a clean start here.

A couple of other thoughts about how to help keep things a little better organized:
  • Posts can be edited. Sometimes it's better to edit an old post than make a new one. Lists of who's attending or who's bringing what can probably be kept more coherent by updating an existing post than by making a new one. Unfortunately, only the author of the original post (and Mods) can edit any post.
  • Off topic and irrelevant posts make it harder for everybody to follow the thread. If a PM will work instead of a post, that's probably the better way to go.
  • Any suggestions for what I might be able to do to help Moderate this forum are definitely welcome. Send me a PM and I'll try.

I wish that I could make it to this gathering, but it's just a little outside my range for that weekend. Those of us that can't make it will be waiting for a report with lots of pictures, so don't forget about us!

This is a thread on what people are bringing here is my list this might help to figure out who is bringing what so we can find out what we still need.
gtxl1200
1. Dive Gear Lots of it. I will have some extra stuff for people to use in case you need it.
2. 26ft 5th wheel with full slide out lots of room for those who might need it bring your own sleeping bag and pillow
3.Fire Wood
4. Name Tags
5. 30 cup coffe pot
6. Small generator for power and recharge camper batteries if you bring a camper.
7. A dish or two to pass on Saturday night. Probably potatoe salad.
8. Various types of Soda pop and water.
9. I will be there early Friday the 16th.

I know Frankenmuth_tom is bringing
1.5th wheel
1. Lots of dive gear plus some items for sale
3. Beer, He will be taking donations for that
4. Some food, possibly chili or a stew of some kind might also be taking donations.
5. welcome to GLWC meet and greet sign
6. Will also be there early Friday
DiverBrian
1. Crock pot
2. What ever else he can squeeze into his mustang
3. Will also be there early Friday.
cldwaterdvr
1. food
2. Will also be there early Friday
amyj
doughnuts and some other food
volunteered to help out with some of the cooking.
Lisa4516
1. Dessert and maybe an appetizer.
2. Paper Plates,Napkins, and plasticware.
Berrabbit
Veggie Trays.
snuggle
1. Tim Hortons Coffee
2. Salad
Mitten Diver
1. Tex Mix and Chips
2. Ice

Take a look and see what still is needed. Or if I missed your items somewhere

OK I have a descent size refrigerator in my 5th wheel I can keep items that need to be kept cold in there such as meat items and berrabbits veggie trays.

So it looks like we have a lot of it covered. for those of you that I missed your post on what your bringing please post it here and for those of you that hasnt posted yet please do it here or give me a PM.so we can get an idea of what we are getting and still need.
I also saw in another thread about children I dont have a problem with children coming as I dont think most people do. I do know that there isnt much for non diving people and children to do at Gilboa. so you make the call.

...of who will attend, I'll go down to Sams and get a big box or two of Johnsonville Brats to cook over the fire for the potluck. Shouldn't be all that expensive, and enough buns to put them all in. I can throw them in one of my coolers and they'll be ready for Saturday afternoon. A buck or two a head should cover our costs for the Brats, buns, condiments, and so on. Along with the food to pass, we should have quite a good sized spread!

Things are coming along pretty well I would say...

Hi again,

Still planning on being there, but waiting for orders on what specifics you would like me to bring.... so, please let me know.... Also, I will need an approximate head count if I need to bring stuff to make donuts. And I can bring whatever else you want. So let me know.

I don't see any veggie trays listed so I'll volunteer to bring a couple.
Ber :lilbunny:

AmyJ:
Hi again,

Still planning on being there, but waiting for orders on what specifics you would like me to bring.... so, please let me know.... Also, I will need an approximate head count if I need to bring stuff to make donuts. And I can bring whatever else you want. So let me know.

Is about 22. I'll keep you posted if there is a change.

...I sure hope it WARMS UP before the dive. It was +20F here in Frankenmuth this morning. That makes for some COLD diving and even colder sleeping! Guess I need to check the level of gas in my LP bottle in the trailer, in case we need to light the furnace.

Back
Top Bottom