Rules for the Scuba board Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
#1 You must be on the following list to post on this thread.
All other posts will be removed, with no PM sent. Sorry.

#2 No trolls will be tolerated. If I decide you are trolling you will get an automatic 5 day ban. Two of these bans will result in initiating a permanent ban.

Now that we got the nasty stuff out of the way, the good part can begin!

Next post...

The list

AmyJ
Big-t-2538
bridgediver
bwerb
CBulla
Chickdiver
Damselfish
Dee
DiverG
diverdeb001
diver_paula
divinman
DoUDive2
Ericdive
frankenmuth_tom
Harisenbon
hnladue
IowaDiver
jonnythan
Jules64
kelpmermaid
lamont
lisa4516
Lubold8431
Mel.B
Mitten Diver
Natasha
nauifins73
nay
neophytediver
NetDoc
netmage
njrn2
norcaldiver
rab
rjens
rob_m
saf-25
simbrooks
ScubaBaby
scubaguy62
scubajen
Scuba_Jenny
scubapup
Seaangel
--tom--
wfmiller
whalerkyle
WVMike

You can be added to the list Monday April 5th and every Tuesday or Thursday after that.

Join here for now..then you can post on this thread and future threads.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t51993.html

Goals of this thread:

#1 To encourage each other on a daily basis. Each week we will close this thread, and start another one, so neither gets longer then a weeks worth of posts.

#2 To share our personal daily exercises, and menus. This is the place to say I had a salad with no fat dresssing for lunch.. or I blew it and had a Big Mac, help!

#3 Keep your journal of daily exersie here also. Example:
I sat at the computer and did nothing all day. I took a 30 minute walk around the block!

OK these are three ideas to get us started. Members..if you have any to add post them here.

Enjoy!

What about setting a focus for each week--it could be individual or group? An example might be one week focusing on exercise. We could share what we're doing to give others some ideas. That would give us an opportunity to share the achievements and those pesky things that get in our way.

IowaDiver:
What about setting a focus for each week--it could be individual or group? An example might be one week focusing on exercise. We could share what we're doing to give others some ideas. That would give us an opportunity to share the achievements and those pesky things that get in our way.

Sounds great! This week, increase exercise, then.
OK that means I better go out for a walk at lunch..and I really might not have.
Thx!

...if I have eaten my lunch for today and I'm still hungry?

So far I'm right on plan for my meals. I'll give an example of what I usually eat.

Breakfast - 3/4 cup of Special K 'Redberry's' cereal
1/2 cup of skim milk
1/2 banana
Artifical Sweetener
Several cups of decaf coffee

Lunch - Turkey Rollup made with
1 Fat Free Flour Tortilla
2 thin slices of Smoked Turkey breast
1 slice of lo-cal Swiss cheese
Mustard to taste, rolled and warmed in the microwave
1/2 cup of baby carrots
1 medium orange
32 oz of water.

So I'm still hungry, and it's a LONG way to supper. I guess I had better have some more water.

I really think that I take all my weight off, but walking back and forth to the bathroom during the day.

Don't forget to take your vitamines and minerals kids. Dieting can deplete some essential vitamines if you aren't careful.

Didn't get to the gym today. I HATE when the time changes, as I can't manage to get up at 5:00 and into the gym. Maybe tomorrow!!!

Good luck today guys, stay strong!!

Good start Tom.

I had strawberry mini wheat's for breakfast plain..( I only drink soy milk and I'm out)
And real coffee..fat free vanilla cream.

No lunch yet..going for a walk first.. Then a frozen microwave "Smart One" TV dinner for lunch.

I agree, hardest time for me is between lunch and dinner.

I like cut up apples and I try to have one sliced up. Seems to take the edge off. Or if I'm craving salt, I have the fat free Pringles or pretzels.

Increasing your fiber intake will help a lot- also, adding a little fat back in will take the edge off and make you feel "full" longer. Apple slices with some peanut butter (about 2 tablespoons) is a great snack. Also, you might try increasing your meals from 3 a day to 5 smaller meals spaced out evenly throughout the day (this helps keep your blood sugar and insulin levels more even) - though you aren't eating more food- it feels like you are!

FYI- I am kind of a diet and excercise freak- I've struggled with my weight for years (still want to drop 30lbs)- and I've learned what works for me.

Hope this helps.

Breakfast: Bowl of cereal (variety of types to prevent boredom) w/ 1% milk (skimmed has no taste to me and the rest seem to fatty), glass of OJ, banana, fat free yoghurt and multi-vit.
Lunch: Usually a couple of sandwichs (some form or meat or cheese) on wholewheat, an apple, sometimes a pear or grapes, once in a while a cookie (barely once per week) and if i forget to make it (or havent got time) its off to subway for a 6" wheat with some kind of filling and light on the sauces etc.
Dinner: varies greatly, but i am trying to cut down on portion size, which is my main problem.
Drinking plenty of water through the day and with meals (see my other thread in diets on that) to try to suppress my appetite and keep hydrated.

As for weight, i put myself on a scale last night (someone said i looked like i had lost weight) and was around 240-241#, so already starting to lose some off what i was last month of 248# - have to recheck on the same scale to be sure i have lost that much. This weekend had some diving and some raquetball, but hopefully tonight will be weights (3 sets 10-12 reps on a variety of machines) and jogging up to the Y to do that (1.5 miles roundtrip), with maybe some cardio on the bike for 30 mins as well.

What are your plans?

so far:

5AM gym- 60 minutes of cardio (treadmill)
6:30 AM breakfast- METRx meal replacement shake (ICK- but they do supply all the necessary stuff, and it's quick)
Luch- smart ones tv dinner
4:30 I'll be back in the gym- lifting weights
dinner will most likely be grilled chicken or fish and a greek salad, and some form of carbohydrate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom