Fantasea CP-4 / Nikon 885

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
I need some advice on strobes to use with the above set-up. I am looking to get something powerful and relatively easy to set up. I am looking at the Inon D-180 but am not sure about the method to attach the slave sensor to the housing. Any one has any suggestions??

Go to the Inon users manual in English here then to page 22. Your housing is listed there. When you order the Inon D-180 you must specify your housing model so as to get the correct Cable Kit. The part of the kit that varies is the end that attaches to your housing. The other end threads into the bottom of the strobe head and is the same on all.
The optical kit attaches to the flash diffuser on my Olympus housing with two screws. Likely it will be similar on yours.

Wolverine:
I need some advice on strobes to use with the above set-up. I am looking to get something powerful and relatively easy to set up. I am looking at the Inon D-180 but am not sure about the method to attach the slave sensor to the housing. Any one has any suggestions??

Check out the "Nikon 4300" thread here for some other posts about the CP-4. Howard from Fantasea once suggested using the Sunpak G flash with this housing. Another scubaboard user has just purchased it for his CP-4 and hopefully will be posting some pics within the next week or two after his trip to Maui. Also, Fantasea is now selling a strobe, featured under "accessories" on their website, www.fantasea.com. I'm not sure either of these fits your criterion for "powerful", but they're at least worth checking out.

Rick

Just bought my Inon D180 strobe with INON arms and FISHEYE base...using the Epoque velcro sensor attachment to attach the D180 fibre-optic cable to the housing... seems to work on the surface but yet to test it in the water. Can't wait for my next dive!

WOlverine :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom