Lake Fenton anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry - I'm visiting relatives in Illinois this weekend. But, please let me know how it goes. I heard or read somewhere, probably here, that access to Lake Fenton was going to disappear this year. Something about someone selling off the current entry point. (Boy wasn't that clear! What a memory on me tonight.)

Paula

gtxl1200:
Anyone interested in getting wet in Lake Fenton this weekend? I just can't seem to wait until next weekend.
Hey guys,
Don't know if you're aware of this or not, but that little boat dock that we used to gain access to Fenton has been sold. Appearantly they are throwing up some condos on the site and construction is going to be starting any day (if it hasn't already started).
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
:06:

brandon

BCS:
Hey guys,
Don't know if you're aware of this or not, but that little boat dock that we used to gain access to Fenton has been sold. Appearantly they are throwing up some condos on the site and construction is going to be starting any day (if it hasn't already started).
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
:06:

brandon

Yes we are aware but another Diver I know was just there a week ago and it was still open until it is blocked off or the police tell us to move I'm going to give it a try.

Tiny Bubbles:
I'm interested. I'll have to take time out of my busy submerged-cemetery-hunting schedule, though!

-tiny-B.
I sent you a PM. saturday or sunday will work for me I have plans on monday already.

gtxl1200:
Anyone interested in getting wet in Lake Fenton this weekend? I just can't seem to wait until next weekend.
Sometime between April 15th and May 1st the boat access off of North Long Lake road by the firehouse is being closed. They are building condos there.

Are there other access points easy for divers so as to not be in the way of boat traffic?

Thanks

Muck Diver:
Sometime between April 15th and May 1st the boat access off of North Long Lake road by the firehouse is being closed. They are building condos there.

Are there other access points easy for divers so as to not be in the way of boat traffic?

Thanks

I just found out from the Dive shop in Flint that they wont even be signing the papers for that spot until May sometime. I was just at that spot and it is open for diving right now. As far as anywhere else I have heard people tell me that you can dive from the community center but there is nothing there to see. Just a place to go and get wet. As far as staying out of the way of Boat traffic there is no such thing on Lake Fenton on warm days especially the weekends.

well for an Easter present to myself. Tiny Bubbles (Ray) and I did two dives in Lake Fenton. We both were trying new equipment out. The water temps was 42deg. visibility was maybe 20ft. until ray and I started rototilling it up. The first dive was a little short. I got short filled on my tank. Plus learning to dive with a dry suit I was sucking air pretty quick. the second dive was a little longer Except Ray was diving with a short filled 63cu. still got 30 minutes out of it though. Max depth 50ffw. visiblity 0 a couple of times yeah we were both struggling with bouyancy. Ray had a home made Dive light was trying out seems he needs to go back to the drawing board as it did leak. It was a cool design though I think he will get the problems worked out. All and all it was not a bad day of diving. We found everything out there but the model A. for those that couldnt make it you missed a fun time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom