GLWC Merchandise Delay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I have some bad news, an unexpected turn of events has happened, and we are not going to be able to deliver shirts and hats to Gilboa for this weekend, or have them ready for the show in Chicago next weekend.

As of yesterday (April 12), we (brian, gedunk, and myself) received a note from the printer that we are still looking at 2 to 3 weeks for production of the shirts and hats. Other than that, no details were given.

The three of us are working on what we think will be a good solution to the problem and we will present that option later this afternoon.

We deeply apologize for the fact we are not going to have shirts ready, and the time at which this message has to be postetd, because many of you have plans for this weekend or next with the understanding that there will be shirts and hats to collect. Please bear with us as we work this out.

Again, I apologize
-T

Big-t-2538:
Well, I have some bad news, an unexpected turn of events has happened, and we are not going to be able to deliver shirts and hats to Gilboa for this weekend, or have them ready for the show in Chicago next weekend.

As of yesterday (April 12), we (brian, gedunk, and myself) received a note from the printer that we are still looking at 2 to 3 weeks for production of the shirts and hats. Other than that, no details were given.

The three of us are working on what we think will be a good solution to the problem and we will present that option later this afternoon.

We deeply apologize for the fact we are not going to have shirts ready, and the time at which this message has to be postetd, because many of you have plans for this weekend or next with the understanding that there will be shirts and hats to collect. Please bear with us as we work this out.

Again, I apologize
-T

Part of the delay was caused by the time it took to get the logos right. The first logo came out too small (out of proportion) on the shirt. MittenDiver did a great job of getting it resized and to the printer but it takes time going back and forth from the designer, to the supplier, to the printer, back to the supplier to print a proof .... you get the idea.

The good news is the logo looks much better than the first try. I don't think many would have been happy with the first prototype. I think in the long run most will be happier waiting for this end product. It looks really nice!

As Gedunk stated, we were ready to go to print until the logo had to be redesigned. We owe MittenDiver a beverage of his choice for his hard work in the matter.

This is a case of "good things are worth waiting for". You will love this merchandise. I really do apologize for the delay (speaking for me), but it was for the best. We are close to a solution that should work out for everybody. I had my heart set on us having this stuff for Gilboa and OWU as I wanted everybody to know that we have a great new dive group started.

But, some things just can't be prevented. I guarantee that future runs of merchandise will not have these problems as the tape will be made and the specifics will be ironed out. The first run on any new venture is always the worst.

Brian

I was really looking forward to being the envy of everyone at the Illinois Council Booth at OWU, when I showed up for my shift wearing my new colors!

Thats OK, ya'll keep up the good work!

Juls

Alright folks...here is the new plan.

Since there is no large gathering planned where we will be bulk shipping these shirts, the printing company is going to ship to everyone via UPS, as that will be the fastest way we can get the shirts distributed at this point in time.

This means that if you have not sent us your address for shipping (i.e. you were planning on gilboa or chicago for a pick-up) we now need a shipping address so we can send you your shirts. Yes, this also means that final shipping information & costs will be delayed a short while longer.

Please PM or e-mail diverbrian or myself that information so we can expediate this process.

Again, we apologize for the delay, but are doing our best to get you guys these shirts and hats as soon as we can.

-T

EDIT: also to add....if you would like to "buddy up" with someone and have 2 orders shipped to the same address, I'm pretty sure we can accomodate this, but I will need to have a PM or e-mail from both parties involved.

I would rather have them right the first time than have them ontime and not happy with the results.

Big-t-2538:
EDIT: also to add....if you would like to "buddy up" with someone and have 2 orders shipped to the same address, I'm pretty sure we can accomodate this, but I will need to have a PM or e-mail from both parties involved.

Want to be my Buddy?

am i missing something? when are we getting the shirts and what was my total amount due? did you guys send out pm's? i never got one? whats up?

JacobsonC2:
am i missing something? when are we getting the shirts and what was my total amount due? did you guys send out pm's? i never got one? whats up?
JacobsonC2,

You have not missed anything. The shirts and hats were delayed due to some extra time that was needed to get the artwork for the shirts right, mine not Tom's. As a result the shirts have not been printed and shipped yet. We thought that we would have everything ready for the Gilboa meet and greet, but the screen printer had sent an e-mail that the shirts would not be ready for 2-3 weeks. A specific reason was not given for the delay. It may have been that they were not prepared with enough t-shirts to fill the order. As a result you will need to send a message to either Big-t-2538 or diverbrian with your address as the shirts will be UPS'd out to each individuals location. Sorry if I had a little more computer savy I am sure that there is a way to post a hot link for that. They are trying to accomodate group shippings as well to help keep the cost of the shirts down. I would think that a shirt of this type would go for somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 or more at a dive destination. We will probably be less as in the $18 or so range, but don't quote me on that. The details should be out within the next week or so and once available will be posted here on the board.

Here are some pics of the finished product for you to see. We are very sorry for the delay, but are working very hard to make this thing will come together shortly. The hats were either going to be grey or tan, but since I didn't get one I did not worry about that. The shirts were either white or ash and you had a choice between pocket or no pocket. The hats will be a little different in that they will be stitched on a 5 panel hat so we will not have a seam down the middle of the logo and I think the material was slightly different.

Mitten Diver

Back
Top Bottom