New Caledonia - need diving advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dimi

Reaction score
Hi there,
I will be travelling for 2 weeks in New Caledonia in September 2004 - Grande Terre, Isle des Pines & Loyalty Islands. During this trip I would like to spend 7-8 days diving. Now - since my wife is not a diver but quite enthusistic snorkeler - the best would be combine diving & snorkeling in one trip. Do you know/have you been to such a sites where it is possible to dive and snorkel in the same place/area? Which 3-4 sites are the best there? I have 50 logged dives, AOW. My main interest is big fish & colourfull coral. I am not a technical/wreck diver.
I would appreciate any New Caledonia & NC diving in particular info.

Best regards from Poland
dimi

hi dimi,

dove New Caledonie 16 months ago, for about two weeks in Fall of 1993. major highlights included meeting Annabella and Tawake, two of the nicest and most helpful people I ever met. don't turn down the leche and fresh coconuts! they took me on dives and helped with logistics. their new company, called Lagoon Safaris, lagoon.safaris@lagoon.nc is located a few minutes outside of Noumea at Kuendu Beach. i miss them still. also spent a fantastic week tenting at Le Cocotier Chez Sammy and diving with Dennis, who runs Ouvea Plongee. Noumea and Ouvea are entirely different worlds! can't wait to return!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom