Diving in Samoa, Apia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jazz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning to visit some friends in Samoa and was wondering if anyone has logged dives there? I would have bout 5 days and hope to be able to dive. Any recommendations?

Jazz

If you get a chance go to Ofu, its great snorkeling, unspoiled. No dive shop, no T shirts, unspoiled tropical paradise.

DennisS:
If you get a chance go to Ofu, its great snorkeling, unspoiled. No dive shop, no T shirts, unspoiled tropical paradise.

Can't seem to locate Ofu in Apia. I just wonder if diving is good there coz there's just hardly any ireviews on it. But I am just going to back and go!!!!

Jazz

I presume you mean Samoa not American Samoa? I snorkelled, before I was into scuba, off the resort of Sinalei which is on the South Coast directly across Upolo from Apia. Both that resort and nearby Coconut beach have dive excursions and while the diving might not rate with the best of Fiji or some of the other island if you are there it is definitely worth going out. I had a great time and on return enquired about the amazing electric blue green fish, which sure enough were called "blue green reef fish"..

My slightly aged guide (1998) lists the following adresses Samoa Marine in Apia pmeredith@samoa.net and pacific quest divers at Apai and Coconut beach on pqdivers.samoa.net

Have fun and post a review on return. I really enjoy Smaoa becasue unlike some resorts on Fiji you actually get to see local life.

Alison

Thank you Alison for the info

It will be my first time to Samoa and I will be stop in AUckland for a night to catch the next connecting to Samoa. Is there an airport hotel there? What do you recommend for cheap accomodation in Aug. ;-)

Jazz

I sent you a private message with a few accommodation suggestions.

Hello Jazz

We might be a little bit late, but just to let you know and everybody else interesed in diving in Samoa, that pacific quest or peter Meredith are not anymore based on the south coast of Upolu (at Sinalei or Coconuts). They are based on the north coast in Apia.
If you want to enjoy the dives in the south, we are based there and we will be very happy to make you discover the unspoiled dive sites we have there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom