Fitness Members Only: Weekly Journal 4/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Start your weekly journals here! 4/16 to 4/23 2004

This week has been discouraging for me. I'm eating about the same as last week, and I've tripled my exercise from a one mile walk a day to a three mile walk per day.

Well since Tuesday, I've gained about 1.5lbs, and I'm not happy. Tonight I tried to do my three mile walk, but only made two miles before giving up.

I sure hope I feel better in the morning.

DiverG:
This week has been discouraging for me. I'm eating about the same as last week, and I've tripled my exercise from a one mile walk a day to a three mile walk per day.

Well since Tuesday, I've gained about 1.5lbs, and I'm not happy. Tonight I tried to do my three mile walk, but only made two miles before giving up.

I sure hope I feel better in the morning.

One day at a time diverG.... hope tomorrow is better
Chris

Hang in there DiverG. My sister is doing this too, and she gained 2 lbs last week. First thing today she got on the treadmill.

We can't give up. We have to look forward.
Try to figure out what it was that made you gain.

DiverG - one of the best things you can do is take a picture of you here and now at the beginning, then put it aside and get into your regime of proper exercise and diet. After 4 weeks have gone by, take a new picture and look at the two side by side. If it helps, take a font and a side profile. If you are sticking to good ESE (eat smart and exercise) routine, you will see a noticeable difference!

Keep your pecker up DiverG.

After a not so great week of exercising, i am determined to try a little harder next week - too much work, not enough exercise makes Jack a fat boy and all.

So lets see as the week goes on. This morning weights and bike, this weekend diving and who knows what yet.

Good luck you all.

Ok...my contribution.
I dragged my butt out of bed this morning to walk. I only walked because of you guys....well ok and my dog sticking his cold wet nose under the warm covers. LOL.
Somebody mentioned interval training. So I did a greatly modified version so I won't hate it in a week. I walked, concentrating on a full step, and sucking my gut in, which improves my posture which improves my attitute...then every 1/4 mile or so, I did a good fast jog for 50 yards or so...I felt great and the dog even got some good exercise.

My biggest problem is portion control. If I can just remember all those little hints, I think I can change. Some of the stuff I am trying to remember.
1. PUT THE FORK DOWN between bites. Swallow everything before getting the next bite.
2. SMALL MEALS MORE OFTEN. I have to remember to have smaller meals instead of 3 large.
3. EAT BREAKFAST instead of waiting till I am hungry to eat in the morning.
4. BRUSH TEETH after every meal. With minty fresh breath, besides my co workers thanking me, I am less quick to grab a bite to nosh on.
5. DRINK WATER instead of grabbing for something to eat. If I am still hungry after a glass of water, then eat.
6. BE KIND TO MYSELF. I have to quit berating myself everytime I slip up. I don't talk to others that way, why should I talk to myself like that?
7. CREATIVE EXERCISE. By getting exercise at all possible opportunities, I can focus on having fun instead of "having to work out," which sounds more like a chore.
8. GET REST.

I am sure others can add to the list...and any help would be appreciated.

So

Wow! Good work Jen. You're doing fantastic.

I'm going to reread your list everyday.

I can't think of anything to add at the moment. Looks like you covered it all!
I had a good day. I got my bike ride in and even did an extra few blocks after the 6 miles.
I had my usual health toast high fiber breakfast.. lunch..pretzels..weird I know ..I wasn't hungry after the bike ride.

Dinner was a Big Salad and a chunk of onion bread and Brummels butter.
Dessert was the new Smores skinny cow ice cream bar and later a bowl of popcorn the kind that tastes like cardboard..while watching the Astros game with David.

Tomorrow yard work and bike again..

Oh, Natasha, please ride a few miles for me! I miss bike riding so much! I would do it, but the dog can't keep up...and if I wait till later, the kid can't keep up! So I walk instead.
I really don't think I lost anything this week. My sinuses are still all messed up, and I feel extra tired. So maybe I don't FEEL like I lost, but maybe I did...I dunno...refuse to see the scale till Tuesday!

Hang in there, Greg. Don't depend on the scales alone to judge your success. Some of the weeks I've seen the biggest changes in my body have been those weeks I gained. And with all the excercise you're doing, you're building muscle which weighs more than fat.

I can't weigh every day, I get hung up on the numbers. About mid-week I'll get on the scales just out of curiosity but it's the weekly WI at WW that I go by. The time of day also has alot to do with what the scale says. I weigh the most in the afternoons. I've seen a 4-5lb gain/loss in the course of a day, depending on the time. So set yourself a weigh schedule, say, Mondays and Thursdays..whatever. And judge more on how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. I noticed at the last BAD meeting your clothes were looser. Keep it up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom