too cold?? in Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133

lost, even with a compass
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My LDS is doing a dive this weekend 4/18 and I want to go along but am thinking it might be too cold to dive wet. Of course there were a few that went out last month. Any comments on this one?

Its supposed to be a warm weekend - you should be able to warm up between dives. The rest depends on how well you do with cold water.

crpntr133:
My LDS is doing a dive this weekend 4/18 and I want to go along but am thinking it might be too cold to dive wet. Of course there were a few that went out last month. Any comments on this one?
Where are you diving ?

Not sure of the name just know that it is south of Indianapolis. With this week being warm I figured the water would warm a bit but not much.

Just got back from Aruba and the water temp was 74. Everybody was wearing at least 5mil wet suits and I wore nothing but trunks and was warm. So I guess I take cold water rather well.

crpntr133:
Not sure of the name just know that it is south of Indianapolis. With this week being warm I figured the water would warm a bit but not much.

Just got back from Aruba and the water temp was 74. Everybody was wearing at least 5mil wet suits and I wore nothing but trunks and was warm. So I guess I take cold water rather well.
Blue springs may be
should be warm enough by now for a 7 mm wet suit

I think Blue Springs is it. Thanks for the info dog

I'm diving Gilboa wet tomorrow if that matters.

The biggest thing diving wet with cold water is surface temps so you can warm back up....that should not be an issue this weekend.

-T

I did a Chicago area quarry dive (Haigh) two weeks ago and the water was 43 F. I was very comfortable in a 7 mil farmer john with gloves and hood.

The water in southern Indiana shouldn't be any colder than that, but it all depends on how you handle the water.

It never gets warm enough in Indiana for me to dive wet.

It looks like I am going. Called the LDS and Blue Springs is right. Figured a bad day diving (not diving) is better than staying at home. Did a dive at Aruba last week and now I can't wait to get back in the water.
For those interested in joining us we should arrive around 9-9:30 Sunday. Look for a trailor with Fun Time Scuba on the side. Fore warning we will be doing a class OW dive.
Thanks everybody.

Back
Top Bottom