Diving near Saugatuk, MI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know of any good diving near here. My bro has a cottage there near the Lake and I was thinking of diving there in the Summer.

Depending on your skill level there are a couple of dives in the area. Take a look at the Michigan Shipwreck research Associates web site at www.michiganshipwrecks.org.

There are a lot of shallow broken-up wrecks that are easy dives -- even some from shore.

The best local dive is probably the North Shore, a tug in 150 feet of water off Saugatuck. It's at:
42 40 165
86 19 441

There is also the fireboat near Saugatuck in 75 feet of water at:
42 48 144
86 15 840

A little to the north in Grand Haven is the Ironsides in 120 feet or water. It's at:
43 02 898
86 19 146

Of course if you are a deep water tech diver, there's the newly discovered H. C. Akeley in 270 feet of water of Saugatuck too! Not recommended though! Members of MSRA discovered this wreck in May 2001. Less than ten divers have ever visited it that I'm aware of.

Again, see the MSRA web site for more info on most of these wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom