For those of you that werent there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you who couldnt make it or chose not to make it this weekend at the spring GLWC meet and greet at Gilboa. YOu missed one heck of a good time. At one time I think we had 30 people there. People were diving most of the day Saturday. Then Saturday around 2:30 the food was served. WOW what a Feast We had a deep Fried Turkey cooked to perfection by BigT. Plus numerous other Fixing to go with it For all of you that took the time to fix something Great Job. We had enough food leftover after everyone stuffed themselfs for well over an hour We could have still fed a third world country for a week. FrankenMuth_Tom brought some spectacular Maple porter beer. that seem to be flowing very good and was a perfect way to wash down the great meal. Oh yeah we did some diving also water temps range around the mid 40's seaveral did dive wet but most dove in dry suits. This viz was pretty excellent maybe 40 feet was the best. It was great to meet everyone and have some great Fellowship and tell diving stories in person rather in type. One last special hi to MR. Pink A.K.A snuggles. who in his own special way we were always smiling because of him even laughing most of the time. Sorry but only those of us who were there can only laugh at why we call him Mr. Pink So it is kind of a inside meet and greet Joke. :wink:

LOL, can't wait for the pictures from this one!!!

... everybody who showed up to make this outing a success.

Anytime that I can meet so many new divers of all levels and enjoy great adult beverages afterwards, that is a success. I will make the pictures a web page accessible for all to see off of the GWLC website as soon as I get some rest.

The stories from last night's dive will be priceless, as will all of the leaks discovered in equipment, tips shared, stories told around the campfire, the turkey, etc. I would like to do the same thing in October after after the wreck season is over. This was just too much fun.

Don and I had a great time too!Hopefully, next time the water will be warmer and we will dive too!I have some nice pictures also which I will post if I ever figure out how to do it. We sre both looking forward to seeing all of you again soon, and yes, the food was great as well as the company

i cant remember having such a good time as i had this weekend..tom.dave and ted, thanks for treating me like one of your own..i look forward to diving with you again in the future..ber well what can i say..you are beautifull inside as well as outside..talk about a fun outgoing lady who by the way aborted her dive with me because i was having trouble with my left ear..to all of the others it was great to meet you..you made this PINK canuck very welcome to say the least..here are some pictures..hope you enjoy them as much as i enjoyed taking them..

one more thing.lol ..ted thank you so much for the use of your trailer to sleep in..

It was really great to meet so many wonderful fellow local divers. I had an absolutely wonderful time!

A special thank you to whoever came up with the great idea to have this "Meet and Greet" and to everyone who coordinated, contributed, cooked, and attended, making this event a huge success.

It really was a pleasure meeting each and every one of you.

snuggle:
i cant remember having such a good time as i had this weekend..tom.dave and ted, thanks for treating me like one of your own..i look forward to diving with you again in the future..ber well what can i say..you are beautifull inside as well as outside..talk about a fun outgoing lady who by the way aborted her dive with me because i was having trouble with my left ear..to all of the others it was great to meet you..you made this PINK canuck very welcome to say the least..here are some pictures..hope you enjoy them as much as i enjoyed taking them..

I hope that those thanks are in US and Canadian. You know about that exchange rate thing! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom