Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTG

New
Reaction score
This is an extremely newbie question--I realize that. If there's another thread you can point me to that I overlooked that answers this question, then please point me to it and don't waste time addressing this separately.

What are the options as far as Lake Michigan diving during the winter months? I'm a student at Northwestern, so I'm only out here between September and June and am suffering diving withdrawal.

From poking around online, it looks like not many charters go out during the winter. Are there any good places to contact that do run boats in the Chicago area during this time? Since I assume that a drysuit is pretty much necessary, I plan to get certified if I know there's a chance that I'll be able to use it.

Thanks in advance very much.

Chicago's harbors are all closed during the winter, so a road trip is required. Depending upon conditions (ice and storms) you can usually catch a ride with Jerry Guyer out of Pirate's Cove in Milwaukee. Right now, Bill Prince is also running several days each week from the same dock and within a few weeks most of the folks will have their boats in the water and running.

Link to a more complete list of Chicago area charters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom