Another excuse to drink beer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to mention this to you folks. John (MittenDiver) and I have been thinking about getting together for the World Expo Of Beer. The show is on the Festival Ground next to the river in Frankenmuth (MI) on May 21 and 22 and starts at 4:00 each day. Entry is $5 and a 4 oz. sample of beer is $1. Discounts are available if you buy more tickets, I think. We may get together on Saturday to taste some of the 100's of local microbrews and larger imports that are represented. Sam Sherwood from Black Forest Brewing will probably have his Maple Porter there, as well as a couple extra's. (for those of you who had too much, we were drinking the Maple Porter Saturday night at Gilboa)

If some of you are interested in going, we can meet at my place just South of town and ride in together with fewer cars to park. Duke Tomatoe from the Bob and Tom show on the radio is providing Music on Saturday and each year they have tiny (4 oz.) glass beer mugs available for sale to taste the beers, as well as lots of food vendors (brats steamed in beer! Yum!) and folks selling homebrewing equipment and stuff as well.

It was a well attended show last year, and is growing in popularity in Michigan.

Drop a line if you are interested in attending and we'll whip something up....

frankenmuth_tom:
Sam Sherwood from Black Forest Brewing will probably have his Maple Porter there, as well as a couple extra's. (for those of you who had too much, we were drinking the Maple Porter Saturday night at Gilboa)
that stuff sure was tasty....and some of us were drinking it well before nightfall. :D

lots of food vendors (brats steamed in beer! Yum!)
Any room for a turkey frying chef in that mix? I just did the standard Drop the bird and serve on Saturday....There's a cajun bird...garlic & herb bird....overnight beer-brined bird....etc.
Drop a line if you are interested in attending and we'll whip something up....
I'd love to go, but the wife wouldn't be too keen on me leaving for a weekend just to go drink beer...plus I think that is a weekend Ber has class at gilboa...so...I'll just hoist a cold one or 6 for you from there, post diving of course....:D

gtxl1200:
It wont be the same with out Mr. Pink

...but he doesn't drink, so the idea of a beer tasting would be kind of LOST on him, don't you think?

This may be the perfect event to display the new t-shirts at. We will walk in buy our $4 mug for sampling from and drink the place dry. I can't imagine that the there will be as much food to choose from though.

Tom will probably have to put Cyril in a pit for the weekend, nothing like a mean drunken gnome ruining your weekend. Is there a local water hole to jump into in the area? I can see a bunch of people showing up to camp in the pumpkin field. Maybe we can help Linus find the Great Pumpkin.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
This may be the perfect event to display the new t-shirts at. We will walk in buy our $4 mug for sampling from and drink the place dry. I can't imagine that the there will be as much food to choose from though.

Tom will probably have to put Cyril in a pit for the weekend, nothing like a mean drunken knome ruining your weekend. Is there a local water hole to jump into in the area? I can see a bunch of people showing up to camp in the pumpkin field. Maybe we can help Linus find the Great Pumkin.

Mitten Diver

I can't speak for the gnome, he's still to mad to talk to me. Local water is only a farm pond (but it is about 40' deep and covers a couple acres).

Lots of room for camping in the orchard in front of the house, I have power and water out there, and lots of shade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom