Quick dive near Barcelona?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DutchDown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be in Barcelona Mid-May for a Saturday evening broadcast and am looking at the chance to get in a quick dive that morning. I'll fly in with the rest of the crew Friday evening, then start work Saturday at about noon. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

you're gonna be there for just a day?
Sorry, don't have any suggestions for you, and this kinda speaks for itself... but be careful bout the flying regulations after diving.

Thanks DSK...I almost screwed up the past weekend when I did an evening dive on Thursday, then remembered I had to fly to Prague on Friday. I finished my dive 24 1/2 hours before my flight. I'll be in Barcelona until early afternoon on Sunday, but I only have a chance to dive early Saturday. I hoope someone has a suggestion....

Phil

Thanks again, DSK. It appears to be a little bit too expensive for a single dive, so I guess I'll skip the diving and just drink a lot of wine the night before instead.

Phil

DutchDown:
I'll be in Barcelona until early afternoon on Sunday, but I only have a chance to dive early Saturday. I hoope someone has a suggestion....

I have not dived near Barcelona, but I was there last January and I inquired about the diving in the area. I got some info (in Spanish) that you can read in
http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?temaid=1252513&foroid=82454

It seems that the best site is in the Islas Medas (Costa Brava, Girona), but that is ~2hr drive from Barcelona. The nearest place for diving around Barcelona is Mataro (~30min), and you can reach it by train/taxi. The club I was recommended (but did not try) is http://www.blaumar-mataro.com/ but according to the locals, the bottom scenery in Mataro is not as nice as in the Costa Brava sites.

I hope that helps.

-- Itziar

Thanks Itziar! I've also heard that the Islas Medes were the best location along the Costa Brava. I am planning to drive down there for a long weekend in a couple of months. I'll have more of a look at the site you suggested. Perhaps I can get a dive in while there.

Phil

Hi Phil...you could try servisub in Barcelona. Details below, ask for Eva...she speaks five languages, and their great people to meet.

servisub marine
servisub.com
tel. 93 232 44 05

PS: Their also DIR if that helps any.

Dive Safe

Pete

I'll be in Barcelona Mid-May for a Saturday evening broadcast and am looking at the chance to get in a quick dive that morning. I'll fly in with the rest of the crew Friday evening, then start work Saturday at about noon. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Hello, Next time you can contact us, we go to the Cost every week end for Diving. BUCEO | SUBMARINISMO Barcelona

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Do not hesitate in case you want to dive, We've got a Diving center near Barcelona and we can help you for everything you need. BUCEO | SUBMARINISMO Barcelona

Best regards
Max

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom