Dive for FREE!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMrEZG

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
at least I think that the shore dives are free, but now that I've got your attention. I'll be going to Bonaire in April. Does anyone have any advise on things to do both on & off shore. I'll be staying at Buddy Dive.

Say "Hi" to Murphyn for me.. tell him Sasha has grown another two inches since last spring.. and we'll see him in August.
You'll love Buddy Dive - They'll give you a good brief on where to go & what to do - just ask Bart.
And you don't have to go far - the reef right in front of Buddy's is just *fine* - I especially recommend a dawn dive - watch for the Parrotfish parade!
Rick

We stayed @ Buddy's in Sept & will be there again at the end of May. We enjoy their "dive n drive" package; it makes the diving soooooo easy. :)

Rick is right about the reef right off Buddy's been very nice. BTW, as soon as you check in, you are directed to the dive shop. You register there and they ask you to do a check-out dive. This actually serves a couple of purposes, not the least of which is getting your weighting sorted out. After that, you never have to go to the dive shop again if you don't want to. But they are such friendly, helpful people... they're great. :)

Buddy's Reef is also a wonderful place for a night dive. We made several while we were there, and were treated to a lot of wonderful critters. Sometimes you are shadowed by these huge tarpon, or some large snooks, or one of the largest mutton snappers I have ever seen. They follow you around in hopes your light will make their hunting easier. :monster: But when you're taking pictures, they scare all the other subjects away!

Other sites on Bonaire are even more spectacular: all you do is look for yellow rocks. They indicate a dive site. You can also do boat diving off Klein Bonaire (only 10 minutes or so in a boat) but with such great shore diving, you won't be "out of it" if you decide not to bother.

The Island is neat. If you didn't know any better you'd swear you were in Arizona, the landscape is that arid. Lots of tall cactus (they use them for fences too) and wild burros. Take a tour 'round the island if you can. You really can't get lost on such a small land mass.

Have fun,

~SubMariner~

What?
Buddy's without Bart???
Can't imagine it....
I sure hope Murphyn's still there - although he was threatening to leave to captain seagoing vessels.
Rick

Rick,

Here is the deal on Bart, as taken from the Bonaire board, Like you I will miss him.

"roeland Labots also known as "Bob" and Bart snelder, former dive shop manager at Buddy Dive, are proud and
pleased to announce that they will start a new dive operation called Wannadivebonaire. they will start their
services on october first, on the waterfront."
Barts email if you are interested is info@wannadivebonaire.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom