Belize Polyp in Macro Mode - Nikon 4300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyHeap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Another shot from our recent trip to Belize. T'was a Night dive, and in macro mode with internal strobe only. I've found the Fantasea housing can block a bit of the internal strobe along the bottom of the photo unless you're zoomed in 1/2 way through the Nikon 4300's optical zoom. This one turned out great.

This reduced pixel (600x800) doesn't do the full resolution picture justice. I was shooting at 1200x1600 during most my dives to save space on my 256 meg memory card.

Main polyp body might be about 1/3" - 1/2" across, just a referance for scale.

Enjoy.

637209_4669659755161683705_vl.jpg

Beautiful! :thumb:

When it comes to polyps, never skimp on resolution!

RockyHeap:
Another shot from our recent trip to Belize. T'was a Night dive, and in macro mode with internal strobe only. I've found the Fantasea housing can block a bit of the internal strobe along the bottom of the photo unless you're zoomed in 1/2 way through the Nikon 4300's optical zoom. This one turned out great.

It sure did turn out great. Beautiful. So zooming in halfway doesn't screw up the macro focusing? Evidently not! Btw, was this in auto mode with macro focusing, or was it in a "macro scene" mode on the 4300? Thanks for sharing, and for the tip.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom