Dive Spots in Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelK.

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Spain in June for 2 weeks. Will be in Barcelona for a few days then over to the Balearic Islands. I would like to get in a few dives while I'm there. Looking for good Dive Operator for Barcelona and Ibiza. My wife (who also is cert) will be with me. If anyone has or knows good sites would love to hear from you.

Hi Michael,

if you like to party a lot after diving your choice should be L'estartit. Lot of pubs and other places to toy around.

For diving in L'estartit I would recommend www.unisub.es

About 40 km closer to Barcelona you will find a nice small place called Calella de Palafrugell. Maybe it is not THE place to party but one of my favorite places for recreation.

For diving there try www.tauchwelt.de

James Barclay, the owner, is very helpful with finding appartements or hotel rooms. If you travel in a group I would recommend appartements and self-supply. It is much more fun then a boring hotel room.

Somewhere between Calella and L'estartit cou can dive with www.cala-joncols.de
Right at the coast and very romantic but in the middle of nowhere.

So now it is up to you.
Let us know your choice.

bye
Andy

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming.

I will be with a small group (8 to 10). We will be living and partying off a boat. We will be starting in Barcelona and going around the islands. Wife and I are the only cert divers. Also looking for a few spots to take the others snorkling and swimming.

Hey the best spot to be for diving/beach/party is Lloret de Mar which is about 1 hour north of Barcelona. Even has excellent beach dives!!!! but of course I may be partial because that's where I'm originally from :10:

Here is a link:

http://www.lloretdemar.net/index.htm

Juan

I will check others in my party if then want to go North for day or so before we head over to the islands. I hear there are great dive spots off Ibiza, Menorca and Mallorca. Anyone have a favorite spot I should try? Again I will have a boat to get to most places.

I spend a day diving in Javea (which is on the Costa Blanca, not too far from Ibiza on the mainland) with a small operation called Amigos Del Mar. I have never ever seen so many octopi (especially in the daytime!) in my life.
It was an incredible day.

Estartis is good I have been, but it is not a fantastic spot. Local operators are limited in the number of dives they can do as it is a nature reserve. Weather can be a factor outside the summer as well. Gas fills are poor and I would advise a 15L if renting one from the centre to get a decent dive.
The rest of the coast is so-so which is why most of us head to Estartit.

The beaches are good and anywhere is great for a party!!! Barcelona is a great city and well worth the visit..

There are some good wreck sites just over the border in France. Look round the Perpignan area if you are interested. Its a bit of a drive, but the Pyranees are good and Andora offers some top notch duty free shopping!!

Have a good trip.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom