Fitness Members Only Weekly Journal 4/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here we go again! Good luck to all!!

:eat

Hey all, I hope your having success with your plans...

I've been doing atkins with success since 2/12 and here's a typical day for me....

B: 2oz of Almonds or 4 slices of bacon
L: Medium/Large Ceaser Chicken Salad, no croutons, I tell them to go light on the dressing or I walk a mile to Jimmy John's for a #8 Unwich (Sub w/ a lettuce wrap instead of bread)
D: 6oz of BBQ, or 2 links of Italian Sausage & some brocolli/asparagus
Snack: Skinny Cow Low Carb Bar or CarbSmart IceCream Bar, heck sometimes my calorie intake lets me have both...

Caveats to the above: Good Multi-Vitamins & I get 3-4 liters of water a day. (No I'm not european... thats just the size bottle I use) I keep it filled at my desk and just drink all day...., usually stick to Diet Rite when I want a cola, but that new Diet Coke /w Lime is just awesome, so I may have a few of those sometimes....

My typical calorie intake is under 2000 and represents a 2500 calorie restriction based on my Basic Metabolic Rate. I'll probably stick w/ this mode until I break 300 (hopefully in two months) then rerun the BMR calculations to adjust.

-netmage

My day has been a mixture of Doctor visits and shopping. I did not exercise this morning before going off to the Allergist office. I did eat a small breakfast, one egg cooked over easy in a small skillet sprayed with PAM, one half of the double waffles toasted, a glass of FF milk. I used the spray "I can't Believe its not Butter on the waffle. I also had one cup of black coffee.

I was at the doctor's all morning, then off to the pharmacy to get my meds filled. My sinuses are not enjoying the pollen this year. When I got home it was after noon and I was ready for lunch, a WW Smart one entree, 3 points. One toasted low carb wheat pita, I calculated the points for it as 2 points on my point finder. So, lunch was 5 points total.

I had a WW fudgecicle for a snack. 1 point.

Dinner we grilled out a marinated flank steak, and with it had black beans and rice ( I used brown rice ), a small salad on the side. While the steak was cooking I had baby carrots, with salsa and guacamole. I did cheat and eat about 5 of my husbands Scoops though.

All in all I think I had a good day. Atleast I am aware of what I am putting in my mouth and willing to put it down in black and white.

I am planning on getting some work done outdoors, so I hope that my sinus situation will be better some tommorrow. Doctor put me on an antibiotic and Zyertec D. I already have some nasal steroid sprays and will be back using them for awhile.

Tommorrow night my LDS is having a Spring Bash to kick off summer. That means a cookout, with all the normal sins, of
hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, cookies and other desserts. I have to be on my best behavior.

Have a good weekend all!

Great reports from both of you.
I got my 6 mile bike ride in before the rain. Looks like rain all weekend here, so I'm in trouble..
Overly hungry today.
Breakfast
1 banana with peanut butter on it first thing this morning.
1 piece of 40 calorie toast with strawberrys
1 cup of coffee
Lots of water.. had my 2.2 liter already finished by 4PM..and still drinking.
Lunch was a few pringles and a few bites of left over ravioli.
That was a mistake I should have had more. By 3PM I was hungry and crabby.
I had steamed mustard greens while I cooked dinner.. very weird I know.
1 and 1/2 pork chops.. more then I usually eat and 1 cup of wild rice. Also broccoli.
Dessert was one Weight Watchers Chocolate eclair and a WW chocolate ice cream cone.
A bit much..all because I didn't have a decent lunch. But still within points..

I lived in my car today from 3:30AM to 7:30PM... I had a day trip to NYC from middle of nowhere Pennsylvania. I never realised how much water I now drink in a day until I had to drive along RT78 in New Jersey at 5:00 AM. In spite of visiting all 5 boroughs and exisitng on slimfast bars for 3 of my 6 mini-meals today, I managed to get in yesterday's run (ok, walk/jog) and today's upper body weight session in. My worst thing today (this past week for that matter) was the Sprite that I had at lunch... Hi point of the week though, yesterday was someone's birthday at work and I didn't have any cake. I did however bring a piece home to eat on Sunday (Gotta' love Free Day). Good lord does it hurt to look at it everytime I open the fridge to get a glass of water. I guess with the progress I've made, I'm not willing to undo it in a hurry. Oh well, I'm beat and have a long weekend ahead of me. Type at you guys later. Good Luck this week! Heck, if I can be a reformed couch potato, anyone can do it :)

-Frank

Not too bad today, altho that meeting from 1 pm to 7 pm sucked all the desire to go to the gym right outta me (and the Laker game started at 6:30, so.....)

Breakfast - 2 strawberry cereal bars (apple got left in the car uneaten)
Lunch - Small cobb salad
DInner - In N Out DOuble Double - protein style :)

oops - two small handfuls of m&ms, not even sure why, just there at work, walking by, certainly wasn't hungry.

1 root beer, 1 coke

Ah well

Chris

I have got to stop eating pickles! Every night this week I've gone to the corner store for a fountain diet Coke and one of those mongo Dill pickles. I know it stems from a craving for salt, which I seldom eat, and point wise they come in at 0 pts. but the salt in them also make me retain water. AND I haven't been very good drinking all my water this week.

Yesterdays menu wasn't bad except I skipped breakfast, just wasn't hungry. For lunch I had a Smart One's Chicken Rigatoni dinner and I added 3oz. of grilled chicken to it. 8pts total. Supper was a cup and a half of Contessa's Chicken Stir Fry. Their soy based sauce is too strong to use the whole package so I use about 1/4 of it and add 2 Tbl. of honey. Points are about the same at 6pt. No snacks other than the pickle left me with 17 points left over for yesterday. that's not supposed to be good but I just wasn't hungry yesterday.

Today started with my regular scrambled egg, maple sausage sandwich for 6 pts. We're on our way to Wally world to buy groceries so lunch will probably be a Spinach chicken salad at Wendys for 6 pts. Dinner will be steak, small baked potato, sauteed mushrooms and steem veggies. Not sure about the points yet but I've got them to spare. edit: No steemed veggies, whole meal was 15pts...well worth it!

Next week I need to start cooking again instead of eating out of the freezer!

Dee:
I crave salt quite a bit. Somewhere I read (I think my Oprah magazine) that salt cravings really mean you're low on calcium. So I bought those chocolate mint chewable calcium bites for 20 calories each..and it does help. I went a whole week without pretzels and still didn't buy any at Walmart today.
Try it.

I had a pretty good day. I am so thankful the rain let up for about 2 hours and I go my 6 mile bike ride in.

I had my usual health toast for breakfast and a new Go Lean Kashi protein/fiber bar with an apple for lunch.

Dinner was special. It always is when David cooks.
We had Grilled chicken breast with a pineapple bourbon marinade, brown rice with chicken gravy, and cinnamon brownsugar carrots.
Very good.
He bought fancy truffles for dessert. I had 1/4 of three of them.

Well I've eaten more then I should have this weekend. Went out to a Mexican restraunt Friday night. Yesterday, there was a bag of Doritos in the house that I was unable to resist. :(

One good thing did happen though. I went to the gym for the first time in 2 or 3 years. Initially went just to step on the scales, but decided to purchase 5 training sessions. Then I did a 30 min stationary bike ride.

Today, I've been good so far. I went to the gym thinking I could easily do 30 minutes of lap swimming. Wrong!! I did about 20 minutes, but it wasn't easy. My arms felt so tired. I'm thinking about going back this evening and doing some biking or swimming.

DiverG:
Go back tonight! You'll be happy you did. And congrats on the swimming. 20 minutes is a good start.
I swam today too. No bike until tomorrow.
I didn't eat much today and I'm hungry.. still have 20 points left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom