where to stay in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there....

When I'm in Maui I like to stay in Kihei --there's tons of great shore diving there, there's good access to boats, too... and it is a fairly laid back area.

I generally stay in condos -- and there are a couple of contacts I have... it really depends on your needs...

If this seems interesting, drop me an email at theratech@attbi.com

(by the way, I'm also located in the Bay area)

Liz

Hi metzzz,

Kihei is definitely more economical and closer to most of the dive ops boats. Most go out of either Kihei or Maalea Harbors.

A couple of websites that I found helpful was www.maui.net
and www.hawaii4less.com .

I think either one of them could give you some useful info.

Personally, I prefer staying in the Kahana area which is right above Lahaina. Lahaina is such a neat place to "bum" around and there is always something going on. A couple of dive ops run out of there also.

No matter where you choose to stay you can't go wrong. It is an awesome place both on land and underwater. Only thing better than Hawaii diving IMHO (for now anyway) is diving the kelp forest off California.

After 10 years of diving Maui, discovered Kihei (in depth) on my last trip, 5/2001;
great dive operators. Check with the Scuba Shack, the people there are great.
As for staying on Maui, Kahana on the upper west side is the best place to be.
You are close to Lahaina & Kaanapali but in a world of your own. The best place to stay of good value is the Kahana Reef
in my opinion. Wonderful 1bdr condos
primo locale, be sure to hit the outdoor markets along the old highway going back toward Honokowai., they are fabulous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom