Buffalo Chicken Strips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have a recipe for Buffalo chicken strips?

Mainly just the Buffalo parts, I can figure out the strips.

thanks

neophytediver:
Equal parts unsalted butter and a good quality hot sauce. NOT TABASCO! That's a good starting point anyway. I use a 1/2 C hot sauce, 1/3 C butter mix personally.

Thanks, got a recommendation for a good quality hot sauce?

Depends on where you live and what you got. I'm partial to the Crystal brand hot sauce and have found it to be the best, but I've used Franks hot sauce before too. Just keep in mind that the hot sauce you use needs to be cheyanne (that's not even close to the correct spelling I know) based. Once you set on a hot sauce, play with the sauce/butter ratio to get to amount of heat you'd like.

neophytediver:
Depends on where you live and what you got. I'm partial to the Crystal brand hot sauce and have found it to be the best, but I've used Franks hot sauce before too. Just keep in mind that the hot sauce you use needs to be cheyanne (that's not even close to the correct spelling I know) based. Once you set on a hot sauce, play with the sauce/butter ratio to get to amount of heat you'd like.

Thanks a bunch, now I have a new toy to play with, buffalo strips of fire.

From someone who grew up in Buffalo and worked in several fast food places making thousands of them here is what we did...
1) fry the wings
2) drain wings, then toss them into a metal bowl with lid or pot with lid
3) using a pastry brush, dab them with softened or melted butter, NOT TOO much!!! dab, not soak.
4) shake on hot sauce, Frank's is what we used. I have never used the Crystal brand but I would try it. How much hot sauce depends on your taste. You can also add some BBQ sauce for a different taste.

I use Frank's with some butter and some Dave's Insanity tossed in to add flame. I like hot things...if you want a good spot to get some wicked hot sauces, try this place:

http://www.hothothot.com/

I can also get a pretty decent pre-made wings sauce around here - it's called Anchor Bar wing sauce - they claim to be the bar that invented buffalo wings. Here's their website:

http://www.anchorbar.com/

You can also order sauces directly from Buffalo Wild Wing's - a chain restaurant that actually has some extremely good wing flavors.

Take one Buffalo and mate it with a chicken.........

Ooops, I thought we were in scuba humour.

I've taken a big shine to Crystal hot sauce for wings. I sometimes toss a little teriaki merinade into it for a little twist of flavor - or Garlic!

Question? Why not just use a sprinkling of ground cyhanne(even worse spelling) pepper instead of hot sauce?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom