Tacoma Treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Did anyone from the forum participate in this event last weekend? A couple of buddies I know went up there and entered it. I was told it was like full contact commando diving. Guys were grabbing golf balls out of other divers hands, masks torn off, that sort of thing.

I was there with a few friends from Canada. We drove down. Great trip, it was an ugly mess under water, but a friend of mine won a trip for one to Fiji and I won a Harvey's drysuit. Well worth the $30 entry fee.

I think there were around 300 divers. All stuffed into a tiny area at the beach. Gong show was an understatement. Vis was anywhere from 10' to 1".

I was there...huge mistake may I say...It was a mad house under the water...my buddy got his face pushed into the bottom, my reg was pulled out...current was horrible

However we managed to find 3 golf balls...ya we missed that part of one ball per diver..lol Of course we didn't win anything, they had great prizes but it seemed as if they went to other dive shop owners and people that were personally known as the sponsors...I really don't think I will be going again..but anyway here are some pics that my buddies wife took while we were getting in..gives you an idea of how many people were there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom