any recommendations in Ibiza Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eyescuba

Reaction score
Hi All
This will be my first time going to Ibiza, I would like to dive . Has anybody been diving there? If so what dive shop did you use and did you like them? If you can recommend a small hotel or rooms for rent on the beach I would really appreciate it. I leave on June 19, 2004. Thanks for reading and your replys would be appreciated

I would like to know as well as Ibiza would be a very interesting place to dive and have a party :dazzler1:

well, i dont know any good places, but i can recommend that you stay well clear of ibiza best dive in san antonia bay area.i will explain why:
i went along to this PADI certified diving school and was told that the Advanced open water course would cost€300.00, not bad i thought, espesially when the guy told me you only had to pay half now and half on completion. so i showed him my PADI open water certificate and handed him my credit card, but when he returned it with the paper for signature, i noticed he had charged me for the whole €300.00 in stead of only half, no big deal i thought. after just one dive i became ill and was taken to hospital, whilst in hospital my wife returned to this dive school where she was told not to worry about insurance as the school is fully covered and if for any reason your husband is unable to dive again we will give him a full refund, when my wife told me this, i thought thats jolly decent of them, but i would insist that they deduct money for the first dive.
a couple of days after returning from hospital i returned to the dive school only to be told ther would be no refund whatsoever, and guess what the hospital is now chasing me for the insurance as the dive school insurance did not cover its students.

I dived Ibiza in 2003 (October) and stayed near the Sta. Eulalia area - the other side of the island from San Antonio (despite its repuation its the ONLY party town on the island, the rest of the island is nice !).

The island is so small a hire car means you can be anywhere on the island from anywhere else in a maximum of about 45 minutes driving.

Diving was decent and varied with reef, wreck and wall and a lot more fishlife and bigger fish than in the eastern med around greece.

If you want a trip report i wrote and never got round to publishing anywhere properly from the trip try here:

http://www.whitcombe.org.uk/Ibiza/index.htm

(over 1mb as i didnt split the pages so may take a while on modem to load)

All in all id go back there and dive if given the chance.

Nice report thanks

String:
If you want a trip report i wrote and never got round to publishing anywhere properly from the trip try here:

http://www.whitcombe.org.uk/Ibiza/index.htm

(over 1mb as i didnt split the pages so may take a while on modem to load)

All in all id go back there and dive if given the chance.

I have dived in Ibiza for the past 2 years, in fact it was Ibiza that got me into diving in the first place. I have dived with 2 different outfits one in San Antonio called Sirenis which i wasnt impressed with as the dive guide grabbed hold of an octopus which inked all over the place. The best dive centre is in Playa D'en Bossa called Rumbo Azul. There is a hotel connected to it. Henry and Pilar run it and the staff are all friendly too. They assess how much diving you have done and wont take you on dives you cant cope with. The diving was very relaxed and we stayed down for an hour coming up with 50 bar still in my tank. The dive sites are great too and on my last dive in May I even saw a dolphin. I would definately recommend going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom