Mukilteo today and tomorrow.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't Barkely Sound but it is close at hand.

We had a nice relaxing 50 minute dive this afternoon at Mukilteo in 52F water. The current was moving one way at the surface and the opposite way at depth so the whole dive was a lazy drift.

The visibility was severely limited at all depths and we couldn't separate much without starting to lose sight of each other. It was very dark below 70' and we had a difficult time finding our landmarks as well.

There is a very large GPO under a sunken boat at 120' (the tide was out... usually the boat is @ 135'.) We saw the usual Ling Cod, Rockfish, Red Irish Lord and a small red octopus out in the open.

One of my favorites is the Sun Star. I teased one with a cockle and he would have devoured it for sure if I hadn't pulled it back. We came onto another Sun Star that had jumped a Dungeness Crab and was having him for dinner. It always amazes me how fast they can move for a star fish.

The wolf eel wasn't home and I'm wondering if he hasn't outgrown his hollow log.

Tomorrow we are diving the clay walls at Mukilteo City Park. Visibility probably won't be any better and the current will most likely be a little stiffer but it is guaranteed GPO time.

It's 52 up there now? Very nice. I think I need to get up that way soon.

Yes you do. Soon it will be 54F and the viz will be down to <2'. :D

Actually I expect the viz to open up here soon... but right now we are enjoying a bio-rich broth.

2 foot is like the Oregon coast. If the diver in front isn't wearing high vis fins, you lose him totally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom