Visiting the general area..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe

Reaction score
Vacation's over, back on the ship right in time fo
Hello,

I'm going to be visiting a friend in Independence, OR (very close to Salem)....and want to try a bit of local diving in the general area. But I am a bit of a WWW (I thought I was going to freeze while I was in Catalina <smile>) and I think a drysuit is probably a good idea for me. But I certainly don't want to buy one (not much use for one in the Caribbean <smile>). Do shops rent these? If so, can anyone recomend a shop to me to contact ahead of time so I might be able to organize myself ahead of time with the rental and some instruction/practice in using it?

Thanks for your help.

Peace,
Cathie

Stop in an see Blake at Salem Scuba. He can help you with everything you will need to stay warm (lol). He can also recommend several dives. They do a great drift dive between two of the Dams. Its about 45 mins from Salem. you can find his store at the corner of 12th and Vista in Salem or call 503 585 DIVE. Tell him Allen sent you.

Back
Top Bottom