Fitness Members Journal May 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep springing and fitnessing. Weigh-ins are coming up soon. Stay FOCUSED!! Good luck Tuesday weighers. Stay focused, eat right and exercise today. It may be worth that extra pound for tomorrow. Same thing Thursday weighers. We've got a few more days but need to stay focused. It'll be my last weigh in before Coz (1 week and 33 minutes from getting on the plane) so maybe I'll be down a couple more. Hopefully I can maintain in Coz. Doubt I will be as good as Natasha was when she was there. But, should be only about 10-12 pounds to go when I get back. I can't tell you all the amount of extra motivation you have provided. See you all Thursday! Greg

I was good in Coz. But, I was terrible this weekend. I got only one 6 mile bike ride in, and I ate brownies and a Butterfinger candy bar. Unfortunatly, neither treat was worth it.
Today wasn't much better.. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel like getting back with it. In a slump and stressed out at the moment. Sorry..wish I could be more upbeat and motivating..
I did buy a lottery ticket today. When I win the 57 million I think that will help my mood. I'll let you know Wednesday.

I've been doing very good this week so tomorrows official numbers should be good.

I had a great week all the way until Friday evening, then I really blew it big. I was taken out to dinner to celebrate my last day in the stress pit of acute dialysis and my starting a new job as a diabetic educator. I am still working for the same hospital, just changed departments and gears.

Anyway, one of my coworkers took me out to Outback for dinner and drinks. I had 2 frozen margueritas, coconut shrimp, crab cakes and a casear salad. I also, had a small portion of her cheese fries. I throughly enjoyed myself, but it does not feel so good today! Then moving on into Saturday, I had a busy morning, cleaned my house top to bottom getting ready for some out of town company. I had a lite breakfast, then a late lunch/dinner at an all you can eat BarBQ restaurant. Because of that I skipped my dinner.

Sunday, my husband made cheese and ham omelets, of which I ate half of one, lunch he bought chicken sandwiches from a fast food place turned out to be fried not grilled. So I skipped the bun, but had the chicken and some chips. Dinner, we celebrated my new job, two drinks a T-bone steak, baked potato and salad. I later had a dessert of angel food cake, fat free pudding with cool whip topping. I felt stuffed too, which is not a good thing.

I started my new job today and not knowing how things would go this morning I skipped my work out. That will not happen again! I now know I can get it in and it would not interfere with my getting to work on time, and since I don't have to be to work at 7 am, but at 8 am I can sleep in a little later! Yeah!!! I was getting tired of getting up at 5:15am to work out. Now I can move it up to 6 or 6:15. I also will be getting off work at 4:30pm instead of 5pm, or 6pm, or who knows how late.

I am so happy and expect I will do even better now with my weight loss and exercising. Oh and I will have every weekend off now too! No more being on call or working holidays either. I am hoping this will make diving easier to do too.

Enough from me I have rattled on too much. Just kind of excited I guess.

Hope everyone does well with their weigh ins, atleast better than mine!

Dang... I just wrote this big ole long paragraph then accidently deleted it when I refreshed the page! DUH!
Anyways, a recap....hopefully tomorrows weigh in will be sucessful. I want to put behind me last weeks non weigh in....Parents in town = good cooking, lots of sugary goodies...not complaining...just don't have the will power to say NO! Since they left I have been active and/or walking every day. Wed-Fri I walked in the morning. Fri night I played softball, and managed to pull a quad (the muscle on the top of the leg). Hurt the most after not moving it for a while....So I walked around on Saturday and Sunday staying well hydrated with Kalik, fed with pizza and conch fritters....
I did walk today and actually sprinted the distance to first base a couple times just to get the body used to it...
So...hopefully tomorrow wont be to bad...Have had a number of people notice I have lost weight even tho since this challenge its only been 5lbs. However I did loose 10 last fall...so together and the inches from walking...I am feeling pretty good..

Keep sending skinny vibes!

Just got done with about 10 sets for back and another 5-6 for biceps. Rode the bike HARD for 30 minutes. Weekend wasn't too bad. Ate quite a bit Friday night but just too much of normal food. Worked out yesterday (chest, triceps, bike) and today (see above). Staying pretty focused these last few weeks. Maybe I can be down a couple by Thursday. Hope I don't blow it when I go to Coz next Monday. I ate and drank a lot my first trip down there in October but stayed about the same because we were always doing something. Anyway, I'll have 4-5 days to recoup before my weigh-in the Thursday afterwards. I'll quit ranting and raving now. Good luck everyone.

hmmm, haven't checked in in a few days, so.....

Friday - was the viewing for my mother in law.. so it was a tough day, but food wasn't all that bad. even forced myself to the gym

Sat was my free day but never got motivated to pig out, which is good. 1/2 hour stairmaster, 1000 yd or so swim, working on drills. Wife was wit family all day, so actually transferred my free day frozen yogurt to sunday.

Sunday - food was decent, didn't make it to the gym

Monday - was on the road from 6 am to 9 pm driving to a job site and climbing up and over scaffolding, so got my exercise, which is good, cuz I Was too pooped to make it to the gym. And I went to McDonald's before the 2 our drive ome - yuck. That was a major slip, just didn';t plan well, got too hungry too late, and fell victim to an easy fix.

Good news is the last pair of jeans I bought at a size 40 were practically falling off me. I literally had to hold them up all day. So maybe I've lost a pant size

Hopefully back to normal tomorrow

Chris

Started off today with my exercise video for the Slim in 6 thirty min. workout. Then I had breakfast, Special K Berries cereal, 1/2 a banana and FF milk. Mid morning snack a WW snack bar. Lunch Tuna mixed in with salad greens, 2 0z of 2% cottage cheese, 7 saltine crackers, sugar free jello snack size, and water to drink. I have had another WW 2 pt. snack bar, 15 doritos and an oz of cheese. I have this I am hungry, but don't know what I want to satisfy me feeling today. None of what I have had so far really has made me feel satisfied.

I have also drank two of the large water mugs of water today so far. My problem now is to figure out what in the world I want for dinner and what would my husband also like. I think I am feeling this way because I seem to be coming down with a cold, my head has been draining and my throat is scratchy. If it weren't so warm today I would just have chicken soup and be done with it.

Oh, well it could be worse. Gonna go see what I can come up with for tonight.

Trying to get things ready to leave for Coz on Monday. Mowed the yard tonight (riding mower) with some light weedeating. Made sure all my scuba gear was ready along with dive camera, batteries etc. Then thought, Oh well, I'll take tonight off. I couldn't do it! I'm in the process of working out and reading posts in between sets. I'm going to ride the bike about 15 minutes which is 1/2 what I normally do. I can't believe my motivation has been this good. Thanks to whoever started this board!!! I've got to weigh in tomorrow. I think I'll be down a few. We'll find out. Take care all. Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom