Diving on the Big Island in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basheesh

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be traveling to the big Island on June 11 and would like to get some information about the Manta Ray dives. If anyone has any information on this or any other dives on the Big Island, please let me know. Also, please let me know if you have any recomendations for dive operators.

Basheesh:
I will be traveling to the big Island on June 11 and would like to get some information about the Manta Ray dives. If anyone has any information on this or any other dives on the Big Island, please let me know. Also, please let me know if you have any recomendations for dive operators.

If your, willing to spend the money for a live-a-board, the Kona Aggressor is right there in Kona. You might have a hard time getting booked at this late date, but they will do the Manta Ray dive along with a whole host of other nice dives.
_ _
Kau lu'u hoahanau,
Chris

DoUDive2:
If your, willing to spend the money for a live-a-board, the Kona Aggressor is right there in Kona. You might have a hard time getting booked at this late date, but they will do the Manta Ray dive along with a whole host of other nice dives.
_ _
Kau lu'u hoahanau,
Chris

Unfortunately, a liveaboard is not an option. I'm traveling with my wife who does not dive and a baby. My only option is to do a few dives with dive operators.

Basheesh:

Whenever I or the dive shop go to Kona we generally go through either Keith at DiveTEK Adventures/Kona Diving Adventures (877-885 DIVE toll free) or Jacks Diving Locker. In fact we're going to Kona the last weekend of this month and have already booked charters with Keith. They've got a nice big comfortable boat and friendly staff.

There's also tons of beautiful, safe beaches in Kona so your wife and baby will have a great time as well.

HIMSDT:
Whenever I or the dive shop go to Kona we generally go through either Keith at DiveTEK Adventures/Kona Diving Adventures (877-885 DIVE toll free) or Jacks Diving Locker. In fact we're going to Kona the last weekend of this month and have already booked charters with Keith. They've got a nice big comfortable boat and friendly staff.

There's also tons of beautiful, safe beaches in Kona so your wife and baby will have a great time as well.

Thank you very much for your advice. In fact, I just talked to keith and found him very helpful. I will probably dive with them during my trip.

Basheesh

Have a great time in Kona and make sure to see the Mantas no matter who you dive with. We dive with Jack's but there are are always other reliable operators at the Manta site every nite. There is plenty to do on your non-dive days on the Big Island, please PM us if you need any suggestions.

We dove 3 days with Jack's Dive Locker in February and highly recommend them for quality and service

Basheesh

my wife and i will be in Kona the 9th of June - the 23 .
will be doing some shore dives as well as Boat dives .
I know of some great spots and have freinds the dive that live
their If you want mabe we can hook up? Im going out on Jack's three tank
Advanced on the 14th i think theirs still room. did last year it was a blast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom