choosing a mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melissalv29

Registered
Reaction score
i am using the cressi big eyes...i like them but am looking for something to fit my face a litte better...kinda small frame face...looking at the Tusa Platina, Aqualung Mythos and Oceanic Shadow, or mares x vision....any suggestions for smaller faces and still have the good view of the big eyes? please help....
melissa

If you dont mind a question.....

when you try a mask on....do you have your reg in your mouth??? Get your reg, go to a mirror. Look at your face structure without the reg in your mouth. Now put your reg in your mouth and check out your face structure. Different huh??? The biggest mistake most often made is people try masks without their regs then are surprised they dont seal as well on a dive as they did in the store.

Now if you are already doing all that..............NEVER MIND !!

rich

no i have never done that...should i take my regulator with me when trying on masks ...what if i order online?

which style of tilos titanica? they have many...thanks
melissa

I can recommend the Mythos. I have a BigEyes, and it fits me strange around the lip and nose. I got the Mythos as a spare, and fell in love with it :07: The skirt is really nice and almost feels like you are not wearing a mask. My Big eyes is now my spare.

I compared the field of view between the BigEyes and the Mythos and can't really see much difference. Maybe slightly less view when looking down, but not by much. It's hard to judge considering my BigEyes has a clear skirt and my Mythos is black.

There is a minor nit that I have with the Mythos. The strap is REALLY thin. I'm wondering how long it's going to last before I have to replace it. None of the LDS have straps that thin. I may have to cut one down to fit it when the time comes.

melissalv29:
i am using the cressi big eyes...i like them but am looking for something to fit my face a litte better...kinda small frame face...looking at the Tusa Platina, Aqualung Mythos and Oceanic Shadow, or mares x vision....any suggestions for smaller faces and still have the good view of the big eyes? please help....
melissa

Well, just because you asked...I have a Mares X-vision, and it works great for me! I don't have a small face, however, so this may not be entirely pertinent to you. It does have great vision (equal to the Big Eyes, from what I've tried out). It's a low volume mask, so initially this seems to suggest it also fits small faces, but I'm not sure about it's skirt size. Good luck!

I like the TUSA Platina for low volume small face fit. Go to a shop that has one of each type they sell in the rental department and rent the ones you are interested in for a day, try them out.

Back
Top Bottom