Hello from Tacoma, WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dsrt

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and tell people a little about myself.

I have recently received my NAUI cert about 3 weeks ago. I am a very inexperienced diver who is looking for someone to dive with that doesn't mind doing a little babysitting until I get the hang of things like buoyancy control, gas management, etc. I'm a quick learner and a good listener and very eager to get some bottom time in.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. I'm not good about talking about myself, but I am good at answering questions. lol

Dsrt:
Just wanted to say hi and tell people a little about myself.

I have recently received my NAUI cert about 3 weeks ago. I am a very inexperienced diver who is looking for someone to dive with that doesn't mind doing a little babysitting until I get the hang of things like buoyancy control, gas management, etc. I'm a quick learner and a good listener and very eager to get some bottom time in.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. I'm not good about talking about myself, but I am good at answering questions. lol
I live in Lakewood and work in Tacoma, and would be more than happy to dive with you sometime. Les Davis is very close to where I work, so we could definitely hook up there in the evening after I get off work. I would suggest we hook up today, but the wife has me on "honeydew" duty. You can see I'm all over her list, huh? :wink:

Jimmie

kalvyn:
I live in Lakewood and work in Tacoma, and would be more than happy to dive with you sometime. Les Davis is very close to where I work, so we could definitely hook up there in the evening after I get off work. I would suggest we hook up today, but the wife has me on "honeydew" duty. You can see I'm all over her list, huh? :wink:

Jimmie

That sounds good. I usually get off work around 5pm but I only work about 5 minutes from my house, so I can usually be home by 5:15.

I had to miss a dive last weekend because my inflator was leaking on my BC and kept filling it up. I got that fixed just need to throw it on a tank to make sure it's good.

Hey DSRT,

I sent you a pm but just to let you know..I live in Bonney Lake and work in Lakewood so Les Davis isn't hard to get to, I actually dive there often...at least in the evening when I am not on the late shift...that sucks...

I'm in Federal Way and work in Tacoma. I'd enjoy diving with ya.

FWIW - I've a bit of practice at helping new divers get their fins wet, and getting the hang of things like buoyancy control and gas management ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dsrt,

I was hoping Bob (grateful diver) would see this...he helped me out alot when I was a big newbie...he is actually the reason @ my safet stop I practice those skills that I was telling you about, the mask clear, reg. removal, fin pivot, etc...try and hook up with him...he is a good teacher and can recoginize and offer good suggestions for improvement on skills.

We will talk more about diving once you get the gear going

Later

underwatergirl:
Dsrt,

I was hoping Bob (grateful diver) would see this...he helped me out alot when I was a big newbie...he is actually the reason @ my safet stop I practice those skills that I was telling you about, the mask clear, reg. removal, fin pivot, etc...try and hook up with him...he is a good teacher and can recoginize and offer good suggestions for improvement on skills.

We will talk more about diving once you get the gear going

Later

I would love to get out and dive with you all. I just have to get my BC checked out and I should be ready to go whenever you are. I'm still renting bottles and regs, so last minute stuff might not be doable, but I would try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom