Fitness Members..Week starting May 25th 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi guys:
So sorry I was out of town, and didn't ask anyone to start a new journal on Friday.
So let's start today.
How's it going?

I was in Manhattan for 5 days. I walked a lot..which should balance the bagels and great food that is in New Yawk.

I had grilled salmon for dinner one night, lobster another night, Matzo ball soup with farfell for lunch one day at Carnegie Deli, and the best brunch at Tavern on the Green in Central Park.
Also, soup & egg rolls in Chinatown.

But, as I said, we walked and walked..so I don't think I gained this week. I will know on Thursday. Wish me luck!

I lost 2.4lbs. this week but I need to get back into the daily focus. For the last two weeks I've skipped breakfast most of the time, just haven't been hungry. I haven't been cooking very much, we've eaten alot of salads and WW frozen dinners. So my main goal for this week is to get back to a more balanced meal plan, I can feel the difference!

Dee, whatever you are doing is working. Me however I am struggling with my WW. I can't seem to break down below my 10% goal. I still have 17 lbs to lose and I have been that way now for almost a year ( well, except that I did gain back 11 lbs that I have had to take off since January.

I have been having trouble recording my food diary lately and I know that is a problem. I start out great for the first 3 days then by the weekend I get slack.

I also, have only been working out 2-3 days a week. I need to be more into that too. So, this morning I was out walking at 6 am, and I am going to again tommorrow. My goal is walk 5 days of this week. I know that Saturday I wont since I have to work in the hospital early that morning and I will get plenty of walking in there, not the same but still plenty of steps.

Jenny, keeping that journal is what saves me. If it passes my lips, I write it down! Even if it's only to jot down the points I ate at Wendy's on the back of a napkin! Plus being about to go back and see what I did that week is a great help when I haven't lost or am losing slowly. Seeing it written down I can spot the danger signs. I use the E-tools on WW so it's all handy to do on the computer but I also have a WW thing on my Palm Pilot. I can keep my full journal there or just notes. I can also download lots of restaurants so I can see the menu ahead of time and plan what I'll have before I get there and get tempted! Did you know that Chili's mushroom Swiss burger with fries is 52 points?!? That's almost 2 days worth! I had to learn that one the hard way!

I know you can do this! You just need to make yourself and your weight loss a priority, you're worth it!

Should we keep going, or close the forum down at the end of this week?

Natasha:
Should we keep going, or close the forum down at the end of this week?

Huh? Maybe I missed a time limit discussion at the beginning, but why shut down??????

Oh, OK, went back and saw the two month thing.....

How about the next two months (and the next two, and....)

I don't know about amyone else, but I find this board supportive and helpful

And to that end.....

TOday
Breakfast
yogurt and cereal bar
lunch - caesart salad
snack - two pieces of string cheese
dinner - 2 smallish hamburger patties with cheese, salad
dessert- 1/2 glass nonfat ilk and brownie protein bar
exercise - swim 1600 yds

Yesterday -
b fast- yogurt. plain bagel
lunch - 1/2 turkey sandwich
dinner - salad
dessert - same as today
exercise - swim 2300 yds

Chris

Why close it? The group may have dwindled but I think we've all benefited from it. Beside...I'm not to goal yet! :D

OK just wanted to be sure we as a group all want to still do it.
How many active members do we have?

Natasha:
OK just wanted to be sure we as a group all want to still do it.
How many active members do we have?

Sorry Natasha, I wasn't thinking that as moderator you have extra duties. All I have to do is post :)

I'd love the forum to stay around in some form, but if it's too much work to justify, I totally understand
Chris

Back
Top Bottom