Maui Diving Apr. 29 to May 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timolol235

Reaction score
I'll be in Maui for about a week and would like to do some diving! I'm Looking for individuals or parties to buddy-up with. I have a source of equipment rentals for pretty cheap: www.mauiscubadiving.com
Jim Soos runs the buisness and I think you would have a hard time finding cheaper diving. Tank rentals run $4.00 for a day!
(after you sign up for his club card)

I'm not looking to do any boat diving on this trip, (I'm on a tight budget), just basic shore dives, esp in the Lahaina to Kapalua area (west maui)

Thanks, Tim

Oops, I forgot to mention that Jim will send you a flier for a free 35.00 dive including equipment and guide to "show you the best dive spots on Maui." you'll see it on his website. Now there's a good deal!

Tim

Hi there do you mean May 29 - June 2 since we are already past April 2004?

I found tanks at B&B scuba for 3.50 a tank. Very nice people. Also the maui dreams dive co. is another very nice dive shop. Even Maui dive shop has really cheap tanks. I was very surprised at how cheap the tank rentals are. You should check out 5 graves and Makena landing for some nice shore dives. I also did Wailea beach and had a pretty good dive. http://www.shorediving.com has some good dive info. Have a good time. Try to get out to Molokini if you can. Nothing beats the boat dives. IMHO

Right, gotta blame that on lack of caffeine!

I've dove around maui quite a bit and probably been on 30 boat dives- mostly done around 10 years ago. I'm just looking for basic shore dives this trip. Thanks for the comments!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning and without an internet access, I'll have to try and link up with someone on a dive trip I'm taking to Maui later this summer. Seeya, Tim

divebuddysean:
Hi there do you mean May 29 - June 2 since we are already past April 2004?

I found tanks at B&B scuba for 3.50 a tank. Very nice people. Also the maui dreams dive co. is another very nice dive shop. Even Maui dive shop has really cheap tanks. I was very surprised at how cheap the tank rentals are. You should check out 5 graves and Makena landing for some nice shore dives. I also did Wailea beach and had a pretty good dive. http://www.shorediving.com has some good dive info. Have a good time. Try to get out to Molokini if you can. Nothing beats the boat dives. IMHO

I realize I'm a little late... but Maui Dreams Dive Co in Kihei has a buddy book that might help you out in finding a dive buddy once you get to the island.

Just a tip for next time. :)

Back
Top Bottom