Easy crowd pleaser- bacon wraped shrimp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
1 lb. Large frozen shimp. 41-50 count
1 lb. sliced bacon
Old Bay seasoning

Partly thaw shrimp. Cut bacon in half. Warp each shimp in a piece of bacon. Sprinkle with Old Bay. Bake for 1/2 hr. at 350*F on a baking tray.

Substitute proscuitto ham for the bacon (less prep time), place a large (1+ inch) scallop between each wrapped shrimp on some type of skewer...season or marinade to taste and grill for a couple of minutes, until proscuitto is crispy on the outside and protruding ends of shrimp is that lovely pinkish/orange color.

Enjoy, this is one of my families favorites and very easy. :wink:

Just a quick (and maybe kind of dumb) question -

For both recipes, you're leaving the shells on the shrimp, correct? I'm assuming so (given the first recipe calls for 1/2 hour baking time), but wanted to make sure.

chepar:
Just a quick (and maybe kind of dumb) question -

For both recipes, you're leaving the shells on the shrimp, correct? I'm assuming so (given the first recipe calls for 1/2 hour baking time), but wanted to make sure.

No the shells are off. But you wrap the bacon around the "partially" thawded shimp. The bacon acts as an insulator so the shimp doesn't get over cooked. But you have to assure that the bacon is cooked pretty well. Most people don't like undercooked bacon.

My old man always does bacon wrapped around banana on the BBQ. Its a bizzare one but works a treat.

Ed.

Be warned though, its so nice that soon you will just be having BBQ's with this on the menu!!!

Ed.

benncool:
No the shells are off. But you wrap the bacon around the "partially" thawded shimp. The bacon acts as an insulator so the shimp doesn't get over cooked. But you have to assure that the bacon is cooked pretty well. Most people don't like undercooked bacon.

Thanks! I'll definitely try this one.

Substitute bake for grill until the bacon is done, just crispy. Delicious everytime!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom