Dive shops around cinque terre area, Italy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bombarie

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear All -

Taking my recently retired parents for a week to Italy's Cinque Terre area, in the bend between Genoa and La Spezia. They love hiking - there is plenty of it there with magnificent views of the Med, mountains, cliffs etc. Would be fun to get some bottom time myself there as well - but I find it difficult to locate a dive shop in the area. Anyone has been there who can give me a pointer?

Your help, as always, is much appreciated!

Best bubbles,

Arjan

There 3 shops in that area. Here are there links.
http://www.lorenzosub.com/
http://www.ossodiseppiadiving.it/
http://www.dyriasub.it/

You are right lots to do there. Been to that area several times never enough time to do it all. There are a few nice places to eat in Bocca Di Magra.

Michael K

Bombarie:
Dear All -

Taking my recently retired parents for a week to Italy's Cinque Terre area, in the bend between Genoa and La Spezia. They love hiking - there is plenty of it there with magnificent views of the Med, mountains, cliffs etc. Would be fun to get some bottom time myself there as well - but I find it difficult to locate a dive shop in the area. Anyone has been there who can give me a pointer?

Best bubbles,

Arjan

I'm going to excactly the same area in Italy in a couple of weeks! I found this page:
http://www.sportesport.it/diving_centers.htm
There are links and adresses to many dive centers in Italy - and there seem to be several near Genoa.
And this is a dive center in Santa Margherita. They have a short movie you can watch... some of the fishes and stuff you might see. =)
http://www.europeandc.com/eng_divingmain.php

So, since I'm going to Italy myself... if anyone has been there and want to recommend anything (diving-related of course) just spit it out!

Simma lugnt!
/Therese

Around St. Margerita there are wrecks and walls for all levels of diving:
Mohawk Deer is a wreck raning from 16 to 42m
Caro Armato is in front of Sestri in 38m
Genua in front of Portofino 61m
KT Sestri, 56m
La Isuela a nice spot ranging from 13 to 51m
La Colombara also a very nice spot from 42 to the surface with some nice wildlife.

Most diving is from RIB´s and shore-dives can almost only be done from Paraggi (which is a good spot for a night-dive)
Beginner-divesites are "The christ of the abyss" for example in the beach of St. Fruttouso. Your parents could walk to that place from Portofino, while you go diving there.
A lot of dive-centers only speak italian, but at the European divecenter Miles is a UK-dude.

Hoi Arjan,

I went to Italy in september 2003. Did dome diving on Sardinia and Elba.
We went to 5 terra a couple of days just for the scenery and the walks. Very beautifull there.
Anyway I was totally amazed to find a diveshop in one of the 5 5 terra cities, the city Rio Maggiore. I could not resist and booked a dive. Unfortunateley it was very rough weather, but was lucky to do one dive. Others were canceled.
It was the best dive of total of 19 dives i did in Italy. Because of the rain and the storm, visibilty (for meditar.). was extremely bad, like 3 metres. But compared to an Oosterschelde with 30 cm it is pretty good ;-) I'm Dutch so visibilty is always good :)

But because of the rain and the stuff pouring into the sea from the mountains there was an amazing amount of life. Langoustines, lobsters, eels, murene, etc. They were like everywhere. Very impressive

Notice that there are divespots in 5 Terra to which you have to row, because even motorboats are prohibited there. Parts of it are protected. Unfortunately i haven't seen them. I would still like to check 'em out.

The divemaster in 5 terrawas like some others on Italy, pretty loose IMO. Had only 29 logged dives, but took me to 32 metres for a long time and I had to do a deco (including safety stop) for 11 minutes in strong current holding onto a rock. The equipment I borrowed had a broken first 2nd stage and I had to breathe through the Octo.

Anyway: from my logbook:
The dive shop is called

Diving 5 terra.
Just walk to the sea, you will pass through a tunnel. It is located in that tunnel.

Have a lot of fun.

Bombarie:
Dear All -

Taking my recently retired parents for a week to Italy's Cinque Terre area, i Anyone has been there who can give me a pointer?

Best bubbles,

Arjan

you had many answers BUT I think the best shop for prices is in Rapallo (about 50 km west). It's not close enaugh but you can save up more than 50% so it depends on how many things you need to buy. The shop is known as Maresport.
ciao

Back
Top Bottom