Babysitting for pre-teens in Kihei

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
At the end of July, my husband and I will be coming down to Kihei for a fun vacation of diving (just us) and snorkeling (with the kids). I'm interested in going diving on most early mornings and some evenings with my husband and all of us can go snorkeling together at any point during the day.

We have two girls ages 10 & 12 who will be coming with us for snorkeling (not quite ready for scuba). A predicament arises as what we are to do with the girls during a dive. I'm not comfortable leaving them in the condo alone, or in the water snorkeling alone. A high school sophomore girl to come hang out with the girls in the morning would be ideal. Sophmores aren't quite at the boyfriend age yet, don't have cars and are too young to work locally. I've put out letters to the guidance counselors of the local high schools in Maui, but that option is slowly fading away as time progresses.

Are there any sitting services local to Kihei that you'd recommend? Anyone have a teen they could recommend? You are welcome to PM me off line too.

The Pride of Maui http://www.prideofmaui.com/ is apparently a good option for what you describe -- the girls can stay on the boat while you go diving.

The guy that set up the scuba program for Pride of Maui is also a divemaster for Ed Robinsons.

Pride of Maui is a cattle boat of course :)

OH but one thing positive about the POM. They seem to serve really well greased up.... cheeseburgers.....

bbq1.gif

yeah, yeah. But if it means either diving or not, sometimes those compromises are worth it. :)

Remember a bad day diving is still a great day!

Thanks for the info. This does seem like a nice option, but I've had my share of cattle boats. I'm pursuing a kids camp sponsored by the OSDC. Teenagers around the planet appear to be idle during summer vacation.

So have I AD but I'm being forced to take one, once , during our trip to Kona in August. We were invited by newly certified divers who don't know better and already made reservations.

Once we get there I'll sign them up for a real dive boat so they'll see the difference. Hope it works out well with the kids camp.

Back
Top Bottom