Absolutly stunned... no bug recipes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BSheffron

Reaction score
I can't believe it! :11:

And we call ourselves divers...

Lets hear them. BBQ'ed with lots of butter and garlic.
There has to be pasta dishes, salads, TACOS , the list should go on and on.

Lobster were made to eaten boiled/steamed/grilled with butter. After I'm done I've never have anything leftover to make other dishes with. :D

Marc

Take out a cajun pot on the (metal hulled) boat. Fill it half full with seawater and kick off the burner before you roll in. When you come up have the mate drop the bug bag into the now boiling pot and put a casserole dish with butter and lime juice under the burner for radiant heating. By the time you've got the gear away or changed out for the next dive lunch is ready! Bugs simply don't get any better than this.

BTW for a cajun twist to the feast add about a quarter pound of cayanne pepper, a couple oranges or grapefruit well sectioned (with rind) , 2 or 3 garlic heads sectioned parallel to the root plane, and a couple medium onions to the pot before you turn it on. When you add the bugs toss in a couple size B potatoes and an ear of sweet corn per person.

When you've finished lunch your SI is over so it's now time to go back down and GET SOME MORE!

BSheffron:
I can't believe it! :11:

And we call ourselves divers...

Lets hear them. BBQ'ed with lots of butter and garlic.
There has to be pasta dishes, salads, TACOS , the list should go on and on.

6 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1.5 cups finely chopped onion
2 finely chopped carrots
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 tsp pepper flakes
1.5 tablespoon Minor's chicken base (straight) or one chix bullion cube
1/2 cup cognac
2 cups whipping cream
2 lbs fresh cooked lobster meat
6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 ounces linguine (preferably pappardelle), freshly cooked

Heat olive oil and butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic and sauté until onion is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in flour and chicken stock/ bullion and cook 1 minute. Add cognac and cream and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add lobster meat, continue stirring about 5 minutes. Mix in parsley and pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over linguine and serve.

Or steam (NEVER boil) them.

Back
Top Bottom