Going to Oahu...need a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey my name is Garrett and am graduating high school on the 11th and will be in Oahu from the june 14-24th. The problem is that the two other buddies that im going with don't dive...so I was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction on where to go to find some peeps to dive with. Were staying in some hotel...can't think of the name or where it is in Oahu but I will get it in a few days. So ya...there we have it.

Ohh ya, im 18 and was certed about a year ago but haven’t been on many dives due to the lack of a constant buddy :06:. I got all my gear which I will be bringing over… except for my tanks. I am open, adv open, rescue, and im a certed emt. Ive only got like 10-20 dives...something lame but I REALLY want to get that number up when im over there.

Thanks, and I will be eagerly awaiting your replies :D

You'll probably be staying in Waikiki.... In the Outrigger by the ABC store :D

Try going with one of the dive operators... I used Ocean Concepts... DM was Mel Had a great time and they're pretty good with matching up buddy teams.

IslandHopper:
The Outriggers have been re-named Ohana.

I'll be there on the 23rd if you still need a buddy. (and I WILL be in Waikiki in a Ohana (outrigger) next to an ABC store :) )
Not all of them. There are still 2/3 Outriggers in Waikiki, but the rest (13) are Ohana .

Okey how's this:

You'll be in the hotel next to the ABC store :wink:

I miss morning jogs at Fort Derussy and hitting 7-11 for some Manopua :)

justleesa:
Not all of them. There are still 2/3 Outriggers in Waikiki, but the rest (13) are Ohana .

How funny to mention the hotel is next to an ABC store. There are 2-3 ABC stores on every block. Just remember the street you are staying on. You can contact Island Divers Hawaii -- 423-8222 and ask them to put you on their buddy board. People look for dive buddies all the time. Leave your name with them and when I do a shore dive I will call you. I live on Hickam AFB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom