Off To Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I got invited to stay with a friend at his huge timeshare on kona either the first or last two weeks of august. I thought, hey, this will be totally cheap. Then we started shopping tickets. Ouch! Gas prices went up at airports too it appears.

Not much we can do about that I suppose. Anyone have any suggestions where to get the cheapest ticket around? I think we'll have to drive down to SFO or OAK since flying from Medford Oregon is going to be a little expensive this time around.

Try booking a vacation package (yes, the hotel will be a throwaway) with Expedia or Orbitz. I just booked a last minute package to Kauai on Expedia, and the price of the package for the two of us was little more than the price of a single ticket had I purchased separately.

Alternatively, if your timing is flexible you can try www.hotwire.com to see if you can come up with some better deals.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Calvinyt. I'm searching through hotwire now.

I'm going to have to suck it up. I tried everything so far and cheap isn't a word being used. Oh well, it's still diving.....

Did you check with Aloha Air? http://www.alohaairlines.com
You are going to need an interisland flight to Kauai anyway.

I just went to Scottsdale for vacation, (I live on an island), and the price was about $500 each including the interisland flight to Oahu.

Try priceline.com

In the Midweek a company has been advertising cheap flights Seattle and back for 350 something...When the new one arrives on Monday or Tuesday I'll take a look and let you know.

I appreciate the help. 350 would be a dream right now. We can't consider flying out of Medford OR so a road trip to San Francisco or Seattle is in order it seems.

"Al" might not always catch my attention, but it's impossible to pass up"Mialkovsky".

How the heck are you? Have a great trip.

Steve

Steve Egner:
"Al" might not always catch my attention, but it's impossible to pass up"Mialkovsky".

How the heck are you? Have a great trip.

Steve

Hey Steve. We've been busy lately. The shop I'm instructing for got rid of all their previous instructors and now I'm doing the majority of the teaching. Checkout dives almost every weekend. Either open water or specialties. But it's working out and the plan is forming. Next spring we're off to Maui for several months and it appears I have some work lined up there when we arrive. But we'll see about that when we get there.

Say hi to Rachel and the kids for me and we hope to do a quickie trip up there in July.

That was hope of course.

Back
Top Bottom