Anyone going to Roatan in July? Info???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadu27

Registered
Reaction score
My husband & I are going to Roatan in July. We're staying at Anthonys Key. We got a lot of mixed reviews. Anthonys vs. Cocoview. Hope we didnt make a misktake!!! Anyone been to both??

Scubadu27:
My husband & I are going to Roatan in July. We're staying at Anthonys Key. We got a lot of mixed reviews. Anthonys vs. Cocoview. Hope we didnt make a misktake!!! Anyone been to both??

Have fun!

#1): I hope so, too.
#2): Yes, I have.

B.T.W.: It's Anthony's Key Resort (AKR) and CoCo View (CCV)

See the many many threads located in the section that serves "Central America" dive destinations. You wound up in the wrong section!

AKR and CCV are both excellent resorts. Depending on what you are looking for from your resort, different people prefer one over the other. I haven't been to CCV, but have read many reviews and talked first hand to many people who have been there. It is probably a place I will go sometime in the future just to try it out. I have been to AKR, (in May 2003). I wrote a trip report that is posted at another site in two parts. It will give you a good idea of what to expect there.

http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=2027
Part 1 - General Resort and Travel stuff

http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=2028
Part 2 - Dive op info

In general, AKR is oriented as more of a full service resort, with some other activities besides just diving. CCV is oriented towards non-stop diving, although typically only two of the dives each day are boat dives. The others are either shore dives or "drop off" dives on the wall right in front of the resort. The wall and the Prince Albert wreck there are nice dives, so that isn't to be taken as a knock against CCV. From what I know, the overall diving quality is probably a little bit better on the south side (CCV and Fantasy Island are South Side, and AKR and several others are in North Side), but the seas are generally a bit rougher on the south side as well. CCV has nice boats with a center well you can use in rougher waters. All in all, AKR is probably a little more luxurious (as long as you have AC, although we enjoyed our trip without AC) and a little more complete as a resort for people looking to do more than just dive, while for hard core divers looking for as many dives as they can get with ample accomodations and decent food, CCV is the obvious choice.

In summary, rest easy. you should enjoy AKR, and next time you can try CCV if you want something different.

AggieDiver

My Wife and I are going there on July 8th to the 15.Actually we got the last room there for the week. I have done a lot of research about the resorts down there and I chose AKR. Well I hope you enjoy yourself.
Derek

NJ Wreck Diver:
Well I hope you enjoy yourself.
Derek

I think the correct words would be I hope you enjoyed yourself. This thread is two years old. My guess is they got back a long time ago.

For those considering now: one will do well at AKR - been there a long time and is a favorite of a lot of US-based PADI senior instructors (example).

Back
Top Bottom