Snorkeling fins for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was going to buy a pair of US divers splitflex snokeling fins, however when I actually saw them they seemed to be significantly shorter then any other diving fins i've seen, so i didn't buy them. so i'm wondering...will these provide enough propultion while underwater with a tank on your back?? or am i better off sucking it up any paying the extra $$$ for diving fins?

I have those exact fins ... and also a pair of Vortex V-12s that my instructor recommended that I buy instead of sticking with the snorkeling fins. I use the V12s.

Suck it up.

How well do your splitflex fins work for diving? I only dive about a week every year. My BCD is a used POS, so i have a hard time spending twice as much on fins as I did on my BCD.

I just don't want to be slowing by buddy down and using up all my air.

I didn't know there was a (real) difference. I dive and snorkel with the same fins. Learn something new every day.

The V12s seem to kick easier than the shorter snorkel fins do with the same or better propulsion. I was a little skeptical about them at first but I was surprised at how fast I was going when I did a sprint test with them.

Check eBay; you can find a decent set of full length flippers there for cheap. I just about had an aneurysm when I saw the price tag on mine at the LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom