Insider Information - thoughts about Local diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marisa-t

Registered
Reaction score
KrisB:
Pinnacle Point, though apparently rarely divable (it's on the south side of the island, past La Perouse) is an amazing place. On a day where it was divable, the only groups there were the two boats from Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures.
I was at Molokini last summer in September and for the second dive we did the Pinnacle.. I will agree with you 100% The dive was good, but the winds and currents had change while we were down under. When it was time for us to surface there was no BOAT in Site I guess that' why they say it's usally not a summer dive. Ed had left us! not really.. he came back to us about 15 minutes later. the swells were not fun and trying to get on to the boat was like trying to be an acrobat in the CIRCUS. The boat came down so hard one time and it had to be just that one time when I was trying to get on the boat it slammed onto my elbow and sliced the skin pretty good. I have a battle scar from that one.
Oh well, I lived ...

Saw a great Viper Eel on that one.

Yissak

marisa-t:
KrisB:
Pinnacle Point, though apparently rarely divable (it's on the south side of the island, past La Perouse) is an amazing place. On a day where it was divable, the only groups there were the two boats from Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures.

I was at Molokini last summer in September and for the second dive we did the Pinnacle.. I will agree with you 100% The dive was good, but the winds and currents had change while we were down under. When it was time for us to surface there was no BOAT in Site I guess that' why they say it's usally not a summer dive. Ed had left us! not really.. he came back to us about 15 minutes later. the swells were not fun and trying to get on to the boat was like trying to be an acrobat in the CIRCUS. The boat came down so hard one time and it had to be just that one time when I was trying to get on the boat it slammed onto my elbow and sliced the skin pretty good. I have a battle scar from that one.
Oh well, I lived ...

Saw a great Viper Eel on that one.

Yissak
Yeah, I know what you mean -- the conditions got a little rough on us, too. But the dive was worth it -- saw a Devil Scorpionfish, Spanish Dancer egg cluster, and a lot of living coral (which seemed more rare than it should have been on that trip).

The fish were definitely not used to having company. :)

The swimthrough arch was neat, too.

The boat had drifted a fair distance from where we were, but a quick 'tweet' on the whistle (followed by the 'OK') got their attention and they motored over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom