Journal for week starting June 11th to June 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Like I said, I won't be online for a few days so I'm starting our journal thread today.

My plan is to stick to a plan again. Plan your day, eat your plan!

I broke the mold. I finally got off my butt and worked out and rode the bike for 15 minutes. I knew it would feel good but I couldn't make myself do it until now. I wanted to keep going but figure I'm going to be sore enough in the morning so I used a little judgement and quit. A big thanks to those who continue to post their losses, gains and experiences. Without you all I would likely have continued down the path of distruction, lol. I feel great now. What a difference a day makes. Thanks you all, Greg

Good for you Greg! All it takes is to make a descision to do it one day. That's it just one day. Once you've done it, there's no more apprehension. No more 'I know this is going to be torture.' From then on, it's all about knowing that you can do it over and over again. Keep it up! It just gets easier from here (mostly). Just don't overtrain and burn yourself out.

-Frank

Thanks Frank! Actually I knew it would feel great I just had to make myself get up and start again. I'm going to try to hit about 3 days per week for now. I used to work out for hours in college but I don't have that kind of time anymore with job, family, kids baseball etc. If I spend about 30 minutes lifting and 15-25 minutes on the bike 3 days per week I'll be fine. I'm finally looking forward to weighing in next Thursday. The last 2 weigh ins have been kind of scary, lol. I'm glad we're all here to support each other. Good luck all. Greg

I continue to do well in controling what I eat. While assisting my instructor/friend yesterday, I constantly declined offers of snacks with mega carbs in them, until I could get home. My problem is that it's a struggle for me here in Saudi to avoid getting depressed. On top of my family not being allowed back in, because of the security problems, my wife (understandably so) gets quite frustrated sometimes and I'm the convenient telephonic punching bag for it. Life sucks sometimes, ya know? The only positive note is that unlike before, I no longer reach for the ice cream, chips, and the-like.

Tonight I made a SPICY lentil dish, and a sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are much better for you than white potatoes, albeit in moderation. I just wrapped it in a paper towel and nuked it for 5 minutes. A sliver of butter and some Mrs. Dash for xtra taste. Some fat free jello for desert.

I also have made it a point not to weigh myself so often, as the lack of needle movement can be disconcerting. Anyway, ta ta for now...

gt2003:
I'm going to try to hit about 3 days per week for now.

Greg, you need to edit this statement. Remove 'to try' from it. You ARE going to hit it 3 days per week. If you have it in your mind that you'll 'try' to do something, you're leaving yourself open for excuses not to, setting yourself up for failure. Make up your mind that you WILL do this, not just try to.

Over the last 7 months I've discovered that the folks who show up to our Weight Watchers meetings and say they are going to try it, they're going to try to diet, to excercise more, etc. are the ones who haven't made up their minds to be a success at it and they very soon drop out. This is my third time to join WW, and the only time I went there with the thought that this time I would DO it. And ya know what? That mind set is 90% of my success of losing almost 70#. I have no question, no doubts, I WILL get this weight off. As my grandmother used to say...I decided!

It doesn't matter if your plan is Weight Watcher's, Atkins, or some plan of your own, success starts in your mind. You decide. So make up your mind to be a success at working out regularly and to lose the weight and you will!

OK...serman complete! :D

LOL, thanks Dee. Actually thats what happened, I just phrased it wrong. I "tried" the 1st week or 2 after vacation. Then, I DECIDED I was going to do it because I wasn't about to gain back the weight I had lost. I just got to that "disgusted" phase and decided (theres that word again) that it was time. Its nice to be back on the bandwagon. I've continued to eat well today. The kiddo has a ballgame tonight so I'll work out once we get home from it. I'm looking forward to Thursdays weigh-in. See you all then. Greg

HI Divers!
Well, my out of town company just left.
I ate plenty of junk food while they were here. Eating is just part of visiting with people. Why is that?
Well anyway, I skipped dinner yesterday in hopes of beginning to get a handle on things again.
Planning soup for lunch today and salmon for dinner. No more desserts..

Hang in there Natasha. If I can get back on the bandwagon so can you. I've worked out 3 of the last 4 days and besides being a little sore it feels great. I think I'm about down to what I was before I left for Coz but we'll find out Thursday. You are doing great. Don't let the little things get you down. See you all on Thursday. Take care, Greg

Well, now I've really gone and done it (sorry, I grew up in Pennsyltucky)... Today I registered for a sprint distance triathlon in September. 650m swim, 24km bike and 5km run. I can't imagine that I will do very well, but then again, 3 months ago I wouldn't have imagined that I would have even considered it seriously. Now I have to train for it. It's not about flushing the entry fee, but now I am officially accountable to all of you fine Scubaboarders :)

Ultimate goal is to finish, but not coming in last place would be the coolest :wink:

-Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom