Cold Water Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm looking for some comments on cold water wetsuits. anyone care to offer some advice for someone looking for a new wetsuit? What do you find good, bad etc. What do you see as the best suit? What should a good suit have? What about seals? titanium? and other fancy options, are they worth the extra dollars?

What constitutes a good wetsuit???

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SaltWater CowBoy:
I'm looking for some comments on cold water wetsuits. anyone care to offer some advice for someone looking for a new wetsuit? What do you find good, bad etc. What do you see as the best suit? What should a good suit have? What about seals? titanium? and other fancy options, are they worth the extra dollars?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cowboy, I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but I suggest you look a drysuit rather than wetsuits. You will stay warmer & be able to enjoy your dives much more if you dive dry rather than wet.

That's it, me trout!

SubMariner:
Cowboy, I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but I suggest you look a drysuit rather than wetsuits. You will stay warmer & be able to enjoy your dives much more if you dive dry rather than wet.

That's it, me trout!

I would agree, but if you are getting a wetsuit I would recommend the Henderson Goldcore. I found it was a bit warmer then some of the other suits I tried, but not as warm as my drysuit! :wink:

SaltWater CowBoy:

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm with a hooded vest does just fine in Monterey...

Of course, I talked my wife into letting me get a drysuit so my son could have the henderson as his very own... :D

Cowboy,
back when I was diving wet. I found that the Dacor Metacor 7mm wetsuit worked for me. there is a dive store in Norwalk Ct. ( Rex Dive Center ) that carries that line of suits.
Cory

OMG, the water temp in Nova Scotia is as low as 30 something, a wetsuit was way too cold. I now use the Bare Nexgen drysuit....much better now! Wanna buy my wetsuit??? boots, bibbed hood included!

The best cold water suit by far is by BARE........... Its made in Canada. It has more features and size range than any others and its cheap...................Supra combos or the new Sgs 7mm full suit are them best..................... Robert

Personally I too, would recommend diving dry. I bought a Viking early this year and love it. I was in 28 degree water in January and felt fine. If you are dead set on a wetsuit, a lot of my buddies absolutely love their O'Neill 7000 with the integrated hood. Good luck.

Henderson 7mm Gold... BUT here in NB or should say in the Bay of Fundy.. I would go DRY all the way. I dive with an Abyss Pro compressed neoprene drysuit. It's great.
Bare makes a good wetsuit, my dive partner loves it and she is warm.. but she does find it difficult to do more then one dive on those bitter cold days. Abyss suits are made in canada.

Back
Top Bottom