Fins, fins, my kingdom for some fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kestrell

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good non-split fin. You know, a good old paddle fin.

I've been considering Aqualung Blades2 and Mares Plana Avanti Quatro.

Any opinions on these or other all-around good paddle fins would be welcome.

They will be used for quarry and east coast (NJ, DE, MD, VA, NC) diving, and of course the yearly trip to the Caribbean.

The Aqualung Blades 2 are really nice fins, and you might also want to consider Scubapro Jet Fins.

had the volo's. Parked them. Diving turtles now. The volo's work, but just not enough power out of them. Turtles or jets are the best bet normally.

The diving you are doing and plan to do is important to the choice of fins.

I like my Quatros (with spring straps) for general diving and free diving.

For diving a dry suit or if you plan to go DIR you want SP Jets.

Any fin you get will be better with spring straps.

I like my original USD Blades. I also have Compros, and Super Rocket fins. These last, however, are rather heavy.

I have the Blades II and like them a lot. The only thing...the stock hands free release straps need to be replaced immediately. I had each of them decide to release at inopportune times, and it's not a good feeling. Other than that, they are great fins.

Jets.

ShakaZulu:
I like the Mares "Volo" vins, they look kewl, no idea if they actually work though.

Volo's........... the H.U.B of fins......... 'nuff said.......

Use the fallaron lightweight jets for tec diving, bought them second hand 22 years ago and have only replaced the straps once, (looking to switch to springs tho)

Rec and teaching, full foot blades are the most indestructable fins in the world (that dont look like Jets) I have only just managed to split them after five years daily use rotomilling. There is a little more power in the Cressi Free frog and they fit my foot better.

Quattros have this funny flick that causes drag when swimming slowly so I have never liked them, the normal two channel Avanti was far better.

m2c

Back
Top Bottom