Size of Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zslnk

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I have purchased some Halcyon spring straps from my LDS for my Turtles, I'm concerned that the straps might be too long.

When I insert my boot into the fin with the spring strap fitting to one side of the fin and the other side loose I get about 1" between where the spring wraps around to and where the attachment point is, is this enough "spring action" to keep these things tight? It feels OK I just don't want to loose a fin after buying these expensive straps.

For reference my Halcyon straps are XL and my Bare Trek boots are a 12 and I'm using Turtles.

Thanks,
Craig

Personally sounds like it might be a bit to loose. What I was told was to order by fin size. If you wear a large fin then get large straps. I just got a pair of L for my XL fins, XL was special order, and they are snuff but not too tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom