Hello from Portugal - my 1st dive in the Ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Actualy, I came here to watch Euro 2004 (soccer championship). But before I left Croatia I checked diving centers near Sesimbra (where I'm located now) and found out several. I picked up Nautilus-sub and I didn't make a mistake. Very nice people and very friendly. Yesterday I made two dives and this morning one. All three dives were shallow (not deeper than 18m) but they told me that Ocean was rather shallow here. The dives were OK (little bit cold for me - 13 C with 7mm wetsuit) and I saw what I expected: small fish, big fish (I don't know the names), crabs, shells, octopi etc. On the 2nd dive I found grey spotted ray 80 cm (2,5') in diameter (almost completely hidden in the sand) which size surprised even local divers when I called them to show it.

justleesa:
Looking forward to your pics :D

Oh, please don't remind me. I forgot my camera when I was packing my things (my wife wasn't at home).

Hi! Monk Seal,
I have a dive center and shop very near Sesimbra, 3 kms away in the road to Lisbon, if you can, please, pass by to say hello! ( phone: +351- 21 268 1234)
Do you know that We still have Monk Seals in Portugal?
Yes, in Madeira in a small group of Islands " Desertas".
Tz

Toze:
Hi! Monk Seal,
I have a dive center and shop very near Sesimbra, 3 kms away in the road to Lisbon, if you can, please, pass by to say hello! ( phone: +351- 21 268 1234)
Do you know that We still have Monk Seals in Portugal?
Yes, in Madeira in a small group of Islands " Desertas".
Tz

Thanks for the invitation but I've already left Portugal before I had read this mail (as you know Croatia didn't qualify for quarter finals).

I saw the pictures of monk seals taken at Desertas in Oceanarium at Lisabon. Unfortunately, the last monk seal in Adriatic was seen back in 1970s.

Best regards

Toze:
Ok, Monk Seal,
Have good dives back home.
Probabily, on a next time, you can dive with us.
Regards,
Toze

Thanks Toze and good luck with Netherlands (sorry watersprite)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom