Nikon Knowledge Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, all you Nikon guru's out there, here's your chance to shine. I had a Coolpix 4300 that drowned like a rat. So, the manufacturer of the housing it was in is offering to replace the camera with 4200. Seems to me the 4200 is not quite up to snuff with the 4300, but I don't have the expertise to make the statement.

Personally, I am thinking the 5200 is the camera Nikon is replacing the 4300 with, but then again, see above.

Anyway, which camera is the most like the 4300 since Nikon is no longer making this nice little toy?

Thanks

Brian

The 4200 has a better video mode and a low light focusing aid. What the 4300 has that the 4100, 4200 and 5200 is the ability to record in uncompressed TIFF format. Of those models the 4200 is the most like the 4300.

Nikon still has the 4300 listed on their site. Are you sure it has been discontinued?
http://www.nikonusa.com/

If it has been dropped, check the tech specs on their site to see which one has the closest features match.

Brian

I think the housing u have for the 4300 may not fit the 4200 though. Are they replacing the housing as well?

Wolverine:
I think the housing u have for the 4300 may not fit the 4200 though. Are they replacing the housing as well?
They are supposed to be. We've been having a little issue with responsiveness. Since I threatened them, they seem to be more responsive now, though.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom