New to Scuba (Cant wait to fish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyTop

Registered
Reaction score
I am taking my OW class starting tomorrow. I can wait either. Fishing is one of the main reasons I have always wanted to become certified. I am finally going to do it.

I have fished with a speargun since I was about 8 years old. I am now 31. We fish in freshwater creeks with average depth being 5-8 feet. People usually look at me funny when I tell them i fish with a speargun. They just dont realize how much fun it is. Another bonus is that the fish are always biting.

Anyway, I look forward to getting certified so I can see what it is like to fish in the deep waters.

I look forward to reading posts in this forum as well. Glad we know have a place to post.

I live in Tennessee.

Did you ever consider freediving to hunt the deep waters? Just curious, that would have been a way to do it with out going through all the certification stuff.

Hey RockyTop Tn,
I'm in South Carolina and just started spearfishing 1 month ago. Can you give me any tips on spearing in creeks. So far I've tried one creek and saw only small perch. I've had better sucess at a nice lake down here. 30-40 feet visibility.

Back
Top Bottom